Tapping into cig lighter...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gilbert383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just recently purchased a 2007 Ram 1500 QC Big Horn 4x4. I am familiar with installing stereos and needed one as soon as I heard the stock one.

I purchased:
Kenwood DDX371 and the dashkit, harness, and antenna adapter recommended on sonicelectronics.com
Nav Bezel

I had no knowledge of the pac harness needed but read that you can just tap into the cigarette lighter located under the radio for the power source.

My question is just how to do that task. I have never had to tap into a cig lighter before. Will the radio still stay on for the 5min or however long after the key is turned off or will the radio be constantly on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

TXbigboy92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hello. I hope I can answer your question.

I installed my double din on my 08 ram Texas edition.
I tapped into the cigarette lighter, and everything works as it should. It cuts on truck is on run, or actually on. Then it cuts off after the5 min. Or when you open the door, just like the stock stereo.

And to tap in, pop off the radio bezel, and literally grab the red/pinkish wiren on the left side. (Right behind Cigarette lighter) and tie into that.

And you can go to Lowe's or any hardware store and by some wire taps. No splicing or cutting. Simply just snap on and snap off if removing is what you want.

Sorry for the long reply. I hope I helped.