The dreaded vibration.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eds2311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2018 1500 5.7. Vibration from 55-85. I know it's an issue. I see people balancing, re-balancing, replacing tires with no change. Replacing drives hats, rear difficulty, shocks, with no cure.
Has anybody had success with any repair?
Anybody replaced and suspension parts, motor or trans mounts. Anything that has worked?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2018 1500 5.7. Vibration from 55-85. I know it's an issue. I see people balancing, re-balancing, replacing tires with no change. Replacing drives hats, rear difficulty, shocks, with no cure.
Has anybody had success with any repair?
Anybody replaced and suspension parts, motor or trans mounts. Anything that has worked?
Known issue? Not sure what you mean. My 2018 has zero vibrations even with XT tires and a 2 inch level. Didn’t have vibrations with the stock street tires that came on it. Neighbor has a 2016 completely stock, no vibrations. Coworker has a 2022 5th gen and a 2013 regular cab neither have vibrations. Vibrations have specific causes, what’s going on with your truck?

OP
OP
E

eds2311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
every vibration is different cannot diagnose by telling us i have a vibration
From 55-85, vibration in the seat. Doesn't change with speed or if shifting to neutral. Alot of complaints out there, but no reported fixes yet. Just looking to see if anyone has had any success if they have the issue.

OP
OP
E

eds2311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Known issue? Not sure what you mean. My 2018 has zero vibrations even with XT tires and a 2 inch level. Didn’t have vibrations with the stock street tires that came on it. Neighbor has a 2016 completely stock, no vibrations. Coworker has a 2022 5th gen and a 2013 regular cab neither have vibrations. Vibrations have specific causes, what’s going on with your truck?
I guess you guys are the lucky ones. Just type in Google, "ram vibration " and you will see what I mean.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Suggest you look at rear control arms for wear, perhaps brakes, specifically rear parking brake shoes sticking, or other items that could transmitted a vibration to your driveline.

I'd start in the rear vs. the front as the front should show up in steering as well.

In addition, your comments about feeling in seat points to rear.

OP
OP
E

eds2311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Suggest you look at rear control arms for wear, perhaps brakes, specifically rear parking brake shoes sticking, or other items that could transmitted a vibration to your driveline.

I'd start in the rear vs. the front as the front should show up in steering as well.

In addition, your comments about feeling in seat points to rear.
I have looked all thru rear end and rear suspension with no luck. Seems central. If you have a water bottle in cup holder you can watch it dance from 55 all the way up to 85. Does not vibrate more when you accelerate. Seems to always be the same. Swapped tires, balanced, re-balanced. Rotating front to back does not change feel of vibration.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Op, I've got over 300k in rams since 2011. I currently own three and have a 4th on order.

I've changed rear control arms on all except 1 by 80k. The one I didn't change had the vibration and someone wanted it more than me, when it was sold. Who knows what the new one when delivered will hold.

From my experience, rear control arms, bilstein 5100s and good tires, Michelin, Cooper or other name brand tend to address the majority of the issue. If you still have a vibration then you need to go into rear brakes, rotors and pads, maybe even shoes for rear brakes.

If you have a vibration after that, depending on cab size, regular, quad or crew, next suspect is. Depending on Trans and driveshaft, center bearing and u joints.

If you have checked or changed those, then you need a very focused driveline consultation.

My issues have been fixed by addressing control arms and shocks. Never needed to go further as it fixed the problem.

Tires normal replacement cycle, I run cooper's and brakes normal cycle, I run power stops z36.

I have a supercharged RCSB lowered 6 in the rear, that has seen multiple high speed runs well into triple digits , 2 crews that i drive and tow with coast to coast. None of them have a vibration.

I hope my experience helps you identify your issue.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
My 2022 had a vibration from 45-55 that vibrated the floor / center console and from 55 above seemed to travel to the rear, had a bad rear drive shaft from the factory. After replacement truck is smooth as silk even on LTE BFG AT KO2’s

ncbeachbum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Last edited:
OP
OP
E

eds2311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Op, I've got over 300k in rams since 2011. I currently own three and have a 4th on order.

I've changed rear control arms on all except 1 by 80k. The one I didn't change had the vibration and someone wanted it more than me, when it was sold. Who knows what the new one when delivered will hold.

From my experience, rear control arms, bilstein 5100s and good tires, Michelin, Cooper or other name brand tend to address the majority of the issue. If you still have a vibration then you need to go into rear brakes, rotors and pads, maybe even shoes for rear brakes.

If you have a vibration after that, depending on cab size, regular, quad or crew, next suspect is. Depending on Trans and driveshaft, center bearing and u joints.

If you have checked or changed those, then you need a very focused driveline consultation.

My issues have been fixed by addressing control arms and shocks. Never needed to go further as it fixed the problem.

Tires normal replacement cycle, I run cooper's and brakes normal cycle, I run power stops z36.

I have a supercharged RCSB lowered 6 in the rear, that has seen multiple high speed runs well into triple digits , 2 crews that i drive and tow with coast to coast. None of them have a vibration.

I hope my experience helps you identify your issue.
Did you have vibrations in the trucks that you replaced rear control arms?

OP
OP
E

eds2311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2022 had a vibration from 45-55 that vibrated the floor / center console and from 55 above seemed to travel to the rear, had a bad rear drive shaft from the factory. After replacement truck is smooth as silk even on LTE BFG AT KO2’s
Will dig deeper into that. Looks good, but doesn't mean it is.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Did you have vibrations in the trucks that you replaced rear control arms?
Yes, that's why I replaced them. I used core 4x4 arms, vastly superior to stock arms

Vibration was between 60 and 75 mph. And yes, I re balanced tires, Road force balanced tires, moved front wheels to the back, replaced shocks, brake rotors, adjusted parking brake shoes.

I did everything except the rear arms first before doing the rear arms.

Now if I have a vibration, the first thing I do is arms. I have seen factory arms go bad at 25k miles.

My experience, yours could be different

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

eds2311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, that's why I replaced them. I used core 4x4 arms, vastly superior to stock arms

Vibration was between 60 and 75 mph. And yes, I re balanced tires, Road force balanced tires, moved front wheels to the back, replaced shocks, brake rotors, adjusted parking brake shoes.

I did everything except the rear arms first before doing the rear arms.

Now if I have a vibration, the first thing I do is arms. I have seen factory arms go bad at 25k miles.

My experience, yours could be different
You say Core 4x4 arms. Is yours a 4x4? Mine is 2 wheel drive. Is Core an aftermarket supplier? Thank you so much for the advise. Been very frustrating.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
You say Core 4x4 arms. Is yours a 4x4? Mine is 2 wheel drive. Is Core an aftermarket supplier? Thank you so much for the advise. Been very frustrating.
Core is an aftermarket supplier, they produce the control arms. I have the same arms in the rear on both 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. The parts are the same.

These are cheaper, on Amazon. Does not include the panhard bar

Apoc Industries Rear Adjustable Control Arm Kit, Fits Stock Up to 6in Lift, For 2009-2020 Dodge Ram 1500

Different brand, you have to pick upper and lower separate

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My 2wd 2500, last truck, had a vibration 2x, first was a front wheel bearing that showed up around the same speed. The second was a broken tire belt even though tire balanced. Good luck

OP
OP
E

eds2311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Core is an aftermarket supplier, they produce the control arms. I have the same arms in the rear on both 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. The parts are the same.

These are cheaper, on Amazon. Does not include the panhard bar

Apoc Industries Rear Adjustable Control Arm Kit, Fits Stock Up to 6in Lift, For 2009-2020 Dodge Ram 1500

Different brand, you have to pick upper and lower separate

Awesome. Thanks. Hopefully works for me too.

Daniel12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Just ordered a set of FO upper and lower arms. We’ll see if that fixes my vibration

Last edited:

Eaglefire21

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the dreaded vibration, been working on finding it. Resantly replaced rear driveshaft, new shocks, tires & balanced. Didn't think rear brakes could be the problem, with 86 th on speedo might be time to go ahead and get them changed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat