The dreaded vibration.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Will dig deeper into that. Looks good, but doesn't mean it is.
Can look shiny but still have play in it, a competent dealer solved mine in a second, while the one where I purchased the truck told me it’s a ‘ecm update for a drone that Chrysler has not released yet’ lmao. Check tranny mounts and such as well

zrock

Reaction score
I guess you guys are the lucky ones. Just type in Google, "ram vibration " and you will see what I mean.
i can type anything into google and find issues..
I have looked all thru rear end and rear suspension with no luck. Seems central. If you have a water bottle in cup holder you can watch it dance from 55 all the way up to 85. Does not vibrate more when you accelerate. Seems to always be the same. Swapped tires, balanced, re-balanced.
If you feel the vibration in the seat then its a rear end vibration, driveshaft could be out of balance, bearing bad in rear end, bent axle shaft, warped and dragging brake, the list can go on... Ford must have inherited this vibration 2 new f150 at work both have a vibration. both have been swapped over to winter tires and its still their and ford says nothing wrong

Sur5er

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From 55-85, vibration in the seat. Doesn't change with speed or if shifting to neutral. Alot of complaints out there, but no reported fixes yet. Just looking to see if anyone has had any success if they have the issue.
Speed vs engine speed would have me looking at rotating driveline parts. Shaft(s) U-Joints, missing drive shaft weights, warped rim, etc.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does it vibrate under a load while on the gas or when you're coasting with foot off the gas pedal?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 hemi
As a few have mentioned, check the rear e brake shoes and mech for sticking, plus the u joints they can cause this problem at about those speeds , I have had that problem in the past

dodgemahal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm so glad I saw your thread. I have EXACTLY the same problem on my 98 Dodge Ram. I thought I had checked everything, but not the rear control arms. Finally, something new to check. I've had this vibration for 3 years, ever since I owned the truck. It drives me nuts. Most people riding with me won't notice it but I do.

lazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi5.7
This guy said he solved his vibration...https://www.ramforumz.com/threads/vibrations-finally-solved.227706/

ChetB1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7DL
Well I had same thing With my 2018 2500 4x4 desal. Dealership did balancing the tires and same thing as you rotated, rebalance And speed balance. No diferants. So, I took it to an Independent tire shop. He tried rebalancing and come to the conclusion. It was the realm Was bent/ worped slightly. The rims were still under warranty so I took it back to the dealership. Dry explaining to them what the other independent tire shot came up with. They said that no no that wouldn't cause a problem. So I told him that I would pay them to remove all the tires from the rims. And test for balancing. Suggest what happened, There was two slightly Bent rims!

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
drive shaft?

would have the driveshaft looked at.................

I was gonna say check the driveshaft...mine was re-balanced(i assume)before I bought it(used)and can see the old weight gone and a new one in a differant place...its also not back in the same u-joint place by the marker I see on it.(dunno if thst should matter or not).
I had vibration on this set of tires now twice..
Weights staying on was the culprit.
Also..are these vibrations on the same stretches of road you use?
Really could be anything though.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The problem with this (and many other problems) is if you go down a list and just start changing or adjusting things it'll end up being the last item you check.

Around here are a few good chassis guys that work on vibration issues regularly. Seeking out someone like that could reduce a lot of frustration and time, even money, by having the vehicle checked. With the exception of tires and maybe a driveshaft, most components that could cause a vibration issue can be spotted by close inspection by a knowledgeable person.

Anyway, good luck in solving the issue.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 106196 miles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat