The jealousy of inanimate objects.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Have you ever had the experience where you repair some item and some other related/ semi related item or system will then fail? This happens to me all the time. I spend a lot of time on one item and some other part gets jealous and breaks.

Well the concrete steps in my front yard have needed some attention for a while so I did some concrete work on them over the weekend. Then just a few minutes ago while backing the truck out of the back yard, a section of my driveway decided to go all iceberg one me. This section was cracked and needed replaced, but I'd never had any issue with it. It was just laying there. As I'm backing out I feel the steering go squirrely and get out and a large section is standing at a 60 degree angle under the tire. This is not how I wanted to spend my weekend.
By the way Just got back from home depot, 1200 pounds will give you that level a lot of people like, without any of the suspension work.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol that happens with my vehicles. I wash or fix one and the other sits and watches and gets all jealous. Oh she's getting new spark plugs? Well time for a mysterious battery drain so I can get lots of attention too.

OP
OP
Oliver Closehauf

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I'm in good company then. It's good to know I'm not being singled out for the extra helping of "life".

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in good company then. It's good to know I'm not being singled out for the extra helping of "life".
Not only does Murphy show his ugly head, but definitely the Joys of Being retired, the Golden Years, LOL.

OP
OP
Oliver Closehauf

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
That was a long day. Dug out the old concrete yesterday evening, started at 8:00 am this morning, a little more digging and built my forms, laid out my sand, and started mixing and pouring. Had one bag break on me in the bed right at the hinge of the tailgate. Ended up with quickcrete inside the tailgate. Sonova!
Didn't get nearly enough and had to go back to home depot for 8 more bags of quickcrete. Had to take my POS Mazda 3 for those, because the truck is blocked in by the wet concrete. The Madza was low ridin' on the way home.
Took a half hour to get the tailgate cleaned out, then had to wash the truck to get all of the dust off of it. A 2500 is a big a** truck! And those spots did not want to come off.
I'm going to need another truck I can use as a truck. Gonna find something with a good donor bed, put the bed on my truck, and make a flatbed out of 2x4s for it to haul bags of quickcrete and whatever else I don't want in Big Blue. Now it's Icehouse time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500