This is how my new truck should have been....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KickToTheJunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
.... When I drove it off the damned lot!

After about 17 hours of correcting swirls, micro swirls, scuffs, surface scratches, water scale, bird bomb etchings, nuclear fallout, moderate to sever plaque psoriasis.... You name it...

I (Mostly) used Adam's Polishes. I Do not have any decent before pics. It's been overcast and hard to get a good photo of micro-swirls with my lighting. I HAVE NoT put the glaze or wax on yet. Just finished the Machine Super Sealant.

It will sit there... Tomorrow, after I finish my jobs I have to do... I will do the BG and Americana.

Ignore the bottom 3 photos.. I'm learning tapatalk.

[a5utaby4.jpg
ygupu8em.jpg
ejy9a2es.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365018421.253548.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365018421.253548.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 269
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365018437.324506.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365018437.324506.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 260
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365018447.430167.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365018447.430167.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 256

Fstryde03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really brings out that color great job. Reminds me I need to do some detailing myself.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Looks really good!!!!!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks Great!

(Makes me so glad I have a White Truck, it's so much less noticeable)

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
nice. come do mine now lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Many " detailers" at dealerships seem to confuse steel wool with microfiber towels. It scares me every time I think of a dealership touching the surface of my truck.
Jay

OP
OP
KickToTheJunk

KickToTheJunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer washes a car when it's been sold. Never while its on the lot.

Ike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Right, thats the way it should have came off the lot. Id let the dealer know that when you fill out the customer review.

Ike

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Great work!

It's a shame that "new" vehicles need this kind of attention...but if they didn't, we'd have to find a new hobby. :D

OP
OP
KickToTheJunk

KickToTheJunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did. Chrysler sent a survey (online ) and was brutally honest while filling it out.m

Got a call the next day from the sales manager. Told him my grievances. He said he's under the heat to make them right.

Told him the only way he could make the 'dirty scratched truck' 'issue right was to shine every car on that lot and treat the deserving buyers with respect when they deliver someone their new vehicle.

He cited weather. I pointed out how my trade-in, my wife's 300 and my work van are spotless inside-out and I run a business by myself. Excuses = lies.

Anyway. I'll be driving o the next town to another dealer.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is no cure for STUPID!!!!!!
Jay

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My truck was half a$$ed washed, the rubber on the inside around the windows had a white chalky residue and the people who were supposed to clean it and fill it up. put 40 miles on it magically when the gas station was less than a mile down the road?

I didn't notice the mileage till I was pulling off the lot. Or a lot of grief would have been given. I did everything I could on the RAM surveys.

Ike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did. Chrysler sent a survey (online ) and was brutally honest while filling it out.m

Got a call the next day from the sales manager. Told him my grievances. He said he's under the heat to make them right.

Told him the only way he could make the 'dirty scratched truck' 'issue right was to shine every car on that lot and treat the deserving buyers with respect when they deliver someone their new vehicle.

He cited weather. I pointed out how my trade-in, my wife's 300 and my work van are spotless inside-out and I run a business by myself. Excuses = lies.

Anyway. I'll be driving o the next town to another dealer.

Um, do they not have an inside facility to detail before delivery like every other dealer?

Ike

Ike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck was half a$$ed washed, the rubber on the inside around the windows had a white chalky residue and the people who were supposed to clean it and fill it up. put 40 miles on it magically when the gas station was less than a mile down the road?

I didn't notice the mileage till I was pulling off the lot. Or a lot of grief would have been given. I did everything I could on the RAM surveys.

My dealer told me up front they dont fill up the tanks anymore. So I made damn sure my trade was running on fumes when I turned over the keys.

Ike

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not sure, cause I don't know anything about the particular dealership, but I don't think outside or inside a facility would make any difference. I think it may be the mental giants doing the "detail" work. I know there are exceptions, but generally in my experience, the "wash rack or detail guys are usually the newly hired, less trained and worst paid of anyone in the shop----and their work shows it. For the run of the mill customer, just a wash job and a clean interior before delivery is just fine. It's just that some of us have a little higher expectations than that. Do it right or leave it the hell alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jay

ramnutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Not trying to hijack or sidetrack, but how did you get the white residue off? I have the same thing but seems to keep coming back.