Thoughts on the MaxTrac 2/3 front coil/rear coil kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

russdog5681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All:

I'm considering dropping my '15 1500 Express Regular cab to allow easier access for my wife (she's fairly short). I wanted to get some thoughts on the MaxTrac kit. Anyone running this on their rig? It looks like a bargain at approximately $350 bucks. I'd be curious to hear ride feedback and/or see some pictures. It doesn't look like you need new shocks with this kit. Thoughts? Would I be better off with a different kit?

Thanks all!

Russ

OP
OP
russdog5681

russdog5681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Sure be exactly the same sir, it's just springs anyhow.

a_guerrajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Belltech has a promo of $150 rebate for the month of July, i'd hop on that before it expires.

OP
OP
russdog5681

russdog5681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Belltech has a promo of $150 rebate for the month of July, i'd hop on that before it expires.

NM...find it on their website. Looks like I can pick either the 964SP, 964ND, or 964. Do I need a rear sway bar or anything else with these kits, or are they all inclusive? Looks like everything is included. I'd really like to get some feedback on ride quality if anyone is running this on a similar rig setup ('14 or '15 regular cab).

Thanks, guys!

Russ

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the kits do not come with the sway bars, but I highly recommend getting them if it fits into your budget.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, thats what I have on mine and makes a huge difference. I'm not sure the BT kit I have since it was on there prior to buying it but my truck rides very well, stiff and handles great even with the misalignment of the sway bars.

There are alot of posts by DavidRam on the suspension ins and out and all the diff parts hes tried.

OP
OP
russdog5681

russdog5681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, thats what I have on mine and makes a huge difference. I'm not sure the BT kit I have since it was on there prior to buying it but my truck rides very well, stiff and handles great even with the misalignment of the sway bars.

There are alot of posts by DavidRam on the suspension ins and out and all the diff parts hes tried.

Much appreciated. Thanks! I didn't know you were supposed to do the front sway bar, as well.

Russ

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
Make certain you measure to the top of the wheel wells before you order, no all Rams are 2" taller in the rear, some are only an 1" taller.
I just put a 2" rear lowering kit in mine and now it looks like I'm hauling a load of dirt around with me.