Thoughts on WeatherTech Floor and Bed Liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBTBOB

U.S. Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 Southfork Edition Longhorn Laramie short bed Ram. It has a factory spray in bedliner and I'm getting a Leer topper. What do you guys think about a WeatherTech rubber bedliner to keep cargo from sliding around in the bed? I don't see any kind of bed divider available unless someone can point me in that direction. The factory floormats are very nice and I dont know if I pull them out and save them for the next owner in 40 years and put in WeatherTech floor liners. I have the Weather Tech floor liners and trunk mat in my 2017 300C and I think they are pretty cool.

Back seat and floor mats....

20180123_130417-jpg.jpg

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Weathertechs for sure!! Love mine and protects my factory carpet

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Weathertech floor liners here and bedrug in back.. i like the bedrug for when i crawl in back and my knees dony hurt..

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The liner or carpet is a great idea for the bed under the topper.

Also i recommend Husky liners for the mats. the weathertechs are a good option but i prefer the husky liners.

Let me know if we can help you find what you are looking for. We offer discounts on everything for the members here and we offer just about everything!

01Ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nothing wrong with Weathertech products. Have the trunk liner for my Charger. However, I suggest you consider using the rubber mat available from Tractor Supply Company for the bed. It is extremely heavy duty (almost 1/4" thick not including the nubs on the bottom). The roll weighs a ton. The Weathertech liner is flimsy in comparison. Comes in an 8' by 4' piece for $80. Fits between the wheel wells and cut to bed length. Nothing and I mean nothing will slide on this mat.

TruckBedMat.JPG

Last edited:

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 Southfork Edition Longhorn Laramie short bed Ram. It has a factory spray in bedliner and I'm getting a Leer topper. What do you guys think about a WeatherTech rubber bedliner to keep cargo from sliding around in the bed? I don't see any kind of bed divider available unless someone can point me in that direction. The factory floormats are very nice and I dont know if I pull them out and save them for the next owner in 40 years and put in WeatherTech floor liners. I have the Weather Tech floor liners and trunk mat in my 2017 300C and I think they are pretty cool.

Back seat and floor mats....

20180123_130417-jpg.jpg

I have the same truck with Ram boxes...love it so far. I think I am going with the Huskies myself. They are little softer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CBTBOB

CBTBOB

U.S. Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same truck with Ram boxes...love it so far. I think I am going with the Huskies myself. They are little softer.

I looked at those from Husky. They only come in black, gray and tan. My carpet and bottom half of my seats are dark brown. WeatherTech offers a cocoa colored floor liner.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I have weather tech floor liners in my 14 and then traded that in for my 18. I swapped them right over no problems. I like them as they fit perfectly. My interior is like yours (a reddish brown now) so the black liners (had a blacked out express before) look alittle out of place but they work great. I think the weather tech and huskys are hard to beat and I def recommend them as they SAVE your carpets big time.

I don’t recommend the weather tech bed liner. If it’s anything like there floor mats they don’t “grip” very well and will get slippery when just wet. I would do a bed rug ( I just put a bedrug “bedtred” in my 18 short bed) which looks like a spray in liner but easy on the knees. I then transferred over my deezee bed mat which was stated above. It fits the floor great, soft and grips like a SOB! Nothing slides around which works great and it’s impervious to oil/ gas/ tranny fluid etc. I’ve spilled just about anything u can think of in it and just washed it off. The bedmat was the best $60ish bucks I spent for the bed.

8A91FD8D-E7F7-45DB-96F6-295E80B9DFDB.jpeg

8F23E2ED-558D-4534-8759-1B2040A5FDA0.jpeg

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Double check, I may be wrong but I thought they had the cocoa color in the Huskies.

c059e0b8b999926143a6c9864fab9063.jpg

Last edited:

Blkbird249

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just replaced my weather tech with husky liners. The husky liners were less expensive and fit better. The husky liners actually go over the door sill whereas my weather techs did not. Either will protect better than the factory carpet!

BIG RED HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L/392CI
I went the inexpensive way and went to Home Depot and got some indoor/outdoor carpeting and cut to fit. It's been good for 2 years now.

2017-03-31 17.30.14.jpg

LaramieGen4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a few days between buying my truck and taking delivery since I had the dealer include leveling kit and tires in my deal. First thing I did while I was waiting was order Weathertechs. I have had WT's before and I've had Husky Liners before. Both serve the functional purpose but the Husky's are a little more utilitarian in appearance to me than I wanted, but certainly fine for a pickup. I also ordered the WT tech liner for my bed. I like the tech liner but it wasn't long before I decided to also put a Tonneau cover on the truck and if I had known I was going to do that ahead of time, I would have ordered a bed rug instead. I still may add a bed rug and just put it in over the tech liner. I like the tech liner vs. a cheap rubber mat because it is raised around the edges like the floormats are. So it keeps junk from sneaking up under it as much as a rubber mat does. I had a rubber mat in my last Ram and I'd pull it out and clean the bed now and then and was almost amazed at how much gunk got up under that thing. If you are putting a topper on your bed, I would recommend the bed rug as well.

Someone asked if you have to remove the factory mats to install WT's. Basically, yes you do. The WT's won't fit like they should if you install them over your floor mats. I didn't get the WT's to save the mats for the next owner - I got them to protect the rest of the interior floor. Unless you are one that never eats or drinks in your vehicle, and never allows anyone else to either, it's a matter of when, not if, something will get spilled on the floor.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I like my weather tech liners. I also second the bed rug.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cant attest to a bed rug/mat, as I have a spray liner and never feel the need for something like that yet, but I did just order (and am awaiting delivery of tomorrow) the Husky Weatherbeater floor mats. I did not buy them to save the carpet mats for later on, but just because the thought of water, sleet, mud, drinks sitting in the carpet until theyre shampood just really urks me and grosses me out. I did about two months of research on mats and decided to go with Husky, they just seem to be superior to WT. Was able to score an open box set for only $105 for front and rear CC, so it really worked out. I never really look into Weathertech unless I am floored by reviews and function. To me, they are who people think of first when you say all weather mats, because of that they charge almost double what I paid for my Huskys. Its all personal opinion, but that's just my take. Oh and BTW, those mats that come factory in your truck are super nice, if I had those I would just water proof the hell out of them and use those. Far nicer looking than the standard carpet mats. Good luck.

OP
OP
CBTBOB

CBTBOB

U.S. Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have Husky floor liners and a Trail FX bed mat on top of the spray in bed liner for impact resistance.20180203_152626.jpg 20180207_153310.jpg

OP
OP
CBTBOB

CBTBOB

U.S. Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Double check, I may be wrong but I thought they had the cocoa color in the Huskies.

c059e0b8b999926143a6c9864fab9063.jpg

They do and I have them. A lot better product then Weathertech IMO.