Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rigovasquez88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
03 Dodge Ram 1500 w 4.7 engine 118,000 miles. I have a ticking noise coming from the left side of my intake manifold (verified w a stethoscope). Why would it be ticking? The truck has lost a significant amount of power and shakes a bit when I get up to about 50-55mph. This first started after a pulled over on a dirt road and hit a big bump. The ticking started and then when I drove it home it kept throwing code p0304 (cylinder 4 misfire). Well, I let it sit for too long and the battery died so it no longer is throwing that code but I suspected the spark plugs were shot so I swapped them with some new plugs but it made no difference. Not sure what to do next. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you check the spark on cylinder 4?

Skeeter308

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Did you ever get this resolved?

I have an 02 1500 5.9l that has similar problems.

I was out hunting, big bump, code came on. On my way home it started missing. Stopped at the auto store and I had p0300, p0301, p0302 and p0205. So I replaced my plugs, plug wires, 5th fuel injector, and ignition coil. I've got spark to all plugs.

Did not resolve. Got it home and started digging into it. My cap and rotor were nasty. Replaced them. Decided to check the pick up coil. It wasn't alternating 5v to 0v. So replaced it. Didn't fix.

The only code I have remaining is the 5th injector open and too rich.

So I'm starting to think it's a wiring issue or ecm. The new injector is in line with the others regarding resistance. Stethoscope tells me it's spraying but it could be spraying all the time which is my too rich issue and circuit open.

I've got continudity (that's when two things connect at the rawest, most nude level) from ecm connector to the injector connector. And that resistance is same as the other circuits.

My plan is to backprobe the ecm connector and see what's being put out compared to the other injectors.