tiking or knockin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eclipsemsj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ok newbi here lol so ive had my ram a while and no problems 2004 1500 Laramie 5.7 hemi love it so I was driving and had a ticky rattle thought ok cat was going so driving and died just dided no smoke bang or boom nothing tried to start just spun freely no compression so tore in to it bent vavles all 8 intakes and rods sheared pin on cam num 4 cam bearing chewed up so I ordered new parts I got all push rods intake and ex new timing set new cam wanted bigger but funds were small lol new cam bearings new intake valves gaskets headbolts got it all together and fired right up little hemi tick got a little softer did my engine flush new fluids all around exepet trans and now it idles really good but at about 1700 -2000 rpm its tiking bad again cant figure it out sounds like valves are hitting again what could be the problem were do I start

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Are you the fellow from Lethbridge that was looking to borrow a cam bearing install tool on Kijiji! Any codes and are all your plug wires clicked home and firing in order. Danny

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Yep, as stated, start with codes to see where they point. How did you orientate the cam bearing oil holes?