Time for new plugs again, coils to?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Another 80,000 km down and it's time to change the plugs! Good ol champion coppers gotta love how dodges like the cheap ones lol. Anyways guys my question is this...a lot of guys change there wires as well around this mileage but being a 06 with MDS I don't have wires I have a seperate coil box for each cylinder. Are these worth swapping out too? They go for about 20$ each for OEM replacements so it's around the same cost as doing wires, I'm just wondering if they are really worth it? Thanks

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
Can's comment on the coil wires but the hemi runs better with copper plugs. Don't waste your time buying iridium or platinum plugs as they wont last as long as the coppers.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
These coil packs go as follows: if it aint broke dont fix it.

OP
OP
L

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks guys...and yea gecko that's why I mentioned the champion coppers I have always used them in my dodge...as the the coils as far as I can tell no misfires or anythjng of the sort in my truxk so I won't touch em...thanks guys!

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I like to butter up the ends of the coil packs with dielectric grease before putting them back on the plugs.
It helps making the seal so moisture and humidity to interfere with the operation, but also helps maintain the rubber boots flexible and prevents cracking. If one of the boots are cracked, you can swap only the boots and not have to replace the whole coil.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca