Tonneau Cover is Finally Installed!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Its *******'s X2000 tonneau cover with speedsturr wing.
I also want to Thank Kris from Gaylords for the great customer service and they packed it damn good so it arrived PERFECT!!!-

IMG_4687_zpsd8b390ad.png

IMG_4694_zps66ae788a.png

IMG_4696_zpsb58f91c2.png

IMG_4703_zps578a90a0.png

IMG_4708_zps7e6a0aa4.png

IMG_4706_zps3c4d4db0.png

IMG_4708_zpsfd03ad60.png

IMG_4713_zps7521c2b7.png

IMG_4718_zps825d071b.png

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I want to make a suggestion before you get a nasty surprise: At night get into the bed and close just the cover. Have a TRUSTED friend or family member using a flashlight shine it around the hinge area in the front. Look for light near the corners. If you see ANY light you will have a leak. Using some silicon caulking seal the holes.
This can happen if you have a plastic bed liner with the front of it going over the front of the bed. I Had to have my bedliner trimmed due to leakes in the front. Was at wits end before I found out where the water was coming in from.
Looks real nice. Hope you have it and the truck a long time.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Johnny, the cover came out great. Well worth the wait.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
The covers are real nice if you do not use the bed for much hauling. When properly installed they will not leak at all (mine was not properly installed). Not sure if they help wit fuel economy though I did not test it myself after mine was installed (got it installed on my truck 3 days after I got my truck from the dealer new).

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I want to make a suggestion before you get a nasty surprise: At night get into the bed and close just the cover. Have a TRUSTED friend or family member using a flashlight shine it around the hinge area in the front. Look for light near the corners. If you see ANY light you will have a leak. Using some silicon caulking seal the holes.
This can happen if you have a plastic bed liner with the front of it going over the front of the bed. I Had to have my bedliner trimmed due to leakes in the front. Was at wits end before I found out where the water was coming in from.
Looks real nice. Hope you have it and the truck a long time.

Will do tonight, thank you. And I just got the truck back from paint since I've had the Ram new since 2002 and plan on lifting it to 6 - 12 and ether 37 to 40's. Not sure I'll tackle it when the time comes down the road.

looks good

:peace:

Johnny, the cover came out great. Well worth the wait.

Thanks Matt. Yes thats for sure. And I'll be installing the Led tailgate bar hopefully this weekend. Ill probably bolt it in.

Looks great! I'm still toying with getting one m'self.

Thank you, now I can throw stuff back there and not worry about it getting stolen. And no more trash back there unless I'm heading to the dump.

The covers are real nice if you do not use the bed for much hauling. When properly installed they will not leak at all (mine was not properly installed). Not sure if they help wit fuel economy though I did not test it myself after mine was installed (got it installed on my truck 3 days after I got my truck from the dealer new).

I do plan on still taking trash back there to haul to the dump. The good thing is I don't have to strap it down anymore:peace:

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thank you Wendy. Spent allot of $$$ this year and a few more mods to install.