Tonneau Mistake..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuartart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Placed an order for the Tonno-pro Tri-fold last week, three days later it arrived (Amazon). I put it on the truck Saturday night and immediately wondered why I had never bought one before. Sunday morning the wife wanted to go mountain biking...... And that's where I wish I would have thought a little bit harder about the trifold. I can't fit the bikes in the bed with the trifold without removing it. %$&@..

The trifold is pretty quick to install. If the front clamps were quick connect it would be faster but they are hand tightened. Mainly making sure it is perfectly square is what slows the installation down.

It's a great product, I just bought the wrong one lol. So now I need to return it or sell it and order the right one. Anyone need a trifold?!? Hahaha

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thats why I grabbed their lo-roll... she moves out of the way nice and easy and super quick!!

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My BakFlip VP folds totally so I can have full access to bed if needed.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The cover doesn't fold up against the rear window to give you full bed access?

DarkCherry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

No it doesn't. It sounds like the exact same one that I have. Luckily if I need to fill the whole bed and remove the topper, I usually have a trailer close by. Of course I couldn't pass up $180 on craigslist! LOL :roflsquared:

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I love my tonno pro but there is nothing common I need my full bed for. I can remove mine in under 3 min put it back on in 5 only had to take it off twice in 6 months.

DarkCherry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can remove mine in under 3 min put it back on in 5 only had to take it off twice in 6 months.

It takes me longer than 5 minutes thanks to a mild case of OCD. That thing better be on straight and perfectly centered and then open and close the tailgate a couple times to make sure it stays still.... I use my bed every day and don't like to readjust. :disgust:

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked up a mopar trifold. I really like how quick and easy it comes off. The front latches are the same as the rear ones and pop right off. It also has little pegs to center it up on the bed so you just pop it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MelonFarmeR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No, the last third of the cover is clamped down to the bed so it does not move. I have no complaints about the product at all, for the money I think its nice. I just bought the wrong one.

Also, I am new to Tapatalk and posted this in the wrong subforum under the wrong account haha. My bad...

MelonFarmeR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just picked up a mopar trifold. I really like how quick and easy it comes off. The front latches are the same as the rear ones and pop right off. It also has little pegs to center it up on the bed so you just pop it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish the front two clamps on the tonnopro were the same as the rears.