Tow chain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patmanz28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i used a tow strap and it is under the pass seat with the factory jack and a bottle jack.

jydmbop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a tow strap and just got some soft shackles, so you don't have to work about metal flying through the air.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Wow! The OP simply asked about a good place to store his tow chain and you guys turned it into a ******* match. :insane:
:happy175: Yep, that's how it rolls here sometimes... I store my towing/recovery gear in my Ramboxes.

OP
OP
Tom Weissling

Tom Weissling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the help. My tow strap went with my old Xterra when I gave it to my son. I definitely need to get a new tow strap and a shackle for the receiver. Love the underseat storage of my Ram. Also love the new KO2 tires and level kit!

Mike Garvey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3x30 snatch strap and big warn receiver clevis in milk crate along with couple sets of gloves and two other 3/4 pin shackles right in the bed

jydmbop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My ram didn't come with under seat storage, but Idid get a du-ha under seat storage and it holds a lot of stuff.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As mentioned using chain or even load straps are not the greatest for pulling someone out when stuck and can be a "flight" hazard.
I keep a 30' recovery strap under the back seat. Recovery straps(or ropes) actually stretch by design to help in the recovery of the stick vehicle. You buy a recovery strap rated for 2-3 times the weight of the vehicle being recovered, I've pulled a 1 ton Ford Powerstroke out of the mud with mine(18000 lbs rated). Also have a clevis pin adapter for the 2" receiver as a strap can fly off a trailer ball.

Ford power stroke truck with single wheel, factory bed with 4 door crew cab....... 8800 pounds approximately!