Tow Mirrors Programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bardarbran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am new here on the forum so hopefully I'm posting in the right place.I just purchased tow mirrors for my 2021 Ram Classic Tradesman and need a step by step on how to program them with AlphaOBD.

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Shouldn’t need a program, I purchased a aftermarket set when I had my 09 and they were plug and play.
The controller buttons will still work with the new wiring.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I just purchased tow mirrors for my 2021 Ram Classic Tradesman and need a step by step on how to program them with AlphaOBD.
Read through the first post of the AlfaOBD thread, be sure to read the notes in the Known Working list(link).
You will need a security gateway bypass for your truck to program along with the OBD dongle
Tow mirrors just need to be enabled so the direction pad works correctly if the mirrors are up or down. If you don't enable them the power adjust still works just not in the right direction.
If you bought Trail Ridge aftermarket towing mirrors, they're available with the power fold feature your current mirrors have, the OEM ones don't.

OP
OP
B

bardarbran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought these mirrors second hand and was told that they have to be programmed to allow the puddle lights and signal lights to work.They don't have the sensor for power mirrors when upright so they are kind of funky to adjust.I have a 2021 Ram Classic Tradesman.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Install the mirrors & plug them in

If everything works, there is no need to program

If the original mirrors came with certain functions, if the new mirrors have those same functions, they should work

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just look in AlphaOBD thread or Youtube it