Towing help for someone brand new to trucks and towing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
all good info above. our travel trailer was 4700# as delivered and 56-5800# when towing. the gross was 7000# but even tho I thought the wife was packing everything we owned in there, we never were over 6000#. we towed that 28' trailer all over the place with my '19 laramie 4x4 ccsb 5.7 with the 3.92 gears. it towed great and liked to settle in around 68-70. like others have said, good to have everything you need when you get to camp. after towing and then setting up we usually had something easy for dinner like burgers or even pasta salad and a cool beverage or two. save the big cooking for the next day. on long travel days I always plan ahead for a good spot to pull over for lunch in the trailer. we recently traded that trailer for a 5th wheel and bought a 2500 laramie to pull it.
It's amazing how much "stuff" you can pack and still be within your cargo capacity. I have a friend who lives in Minnesota but spends the winter months between November and April in Arizona. They have a huge 38-foot 5th-wheel, and after they pack up 6 months worth of doo-dads - including all his wife's sewing stuff - their cargo weight is still less than 1400#. And that includes a full 50 gallon tank of fresh water.