Track Night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took the lil Red Rocket to the track for the first time to knock the dust off my old drag racing career. Got labeled the ringer and won my bracket. I haven't ran on a track since 1999. so I was a bit rusty on the tree. plus I hate the sequential lights. prefer the pre-stage- stage ambers (all on) then green.

Was fairly impressed with the truck. Left the time slip at home to take a pic of but my best time was 14.623 with a R/T of .277 and 92mph. Truck is bone stock, but not for long. this was baseline times and now have a goal for 12.6.

IMG953748.jpg
th_IMG_3745_1.jpg

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Awesome what bracket did you run in? I come from bracket racing so I'm use to the competition lights, the pro tree is fun time to time when I did index. Good to See a mopar sitting in the winner circle!

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't even know what bracket it was honestly. Was just there for the time slip. but since I hadn't run in years they lumped me in the beginner side.

Got some good times and was planning on going home but kept getting the win light so I guess I had to stay.
Now just waiting for my vararam intake to come and back to the track to see how it improves it now that I have the truck and tree dialed in a bit better. $15 bucks for a little fun and knowing what she can do is more than worth it.

I do miss tinkering with the top fuel cars and that whole mix, so its kinda hard for me to get excited. I kinda compare it to sleeping with a 10 then going back to 6's. just doesn't compare.

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
That's a good baseline. It shouldn't be too tough to get into the high 12's.

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I don't even know what bracket it was honestly.

I do miss tinkering with the top fuel cars and that whole mix, so its kinda hard for me to get excited. I kinda compare it to sleeping with a 10 then going back to 6's. just doesn't compare.

Good comparison lol

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
congrats... sound like a fun night!

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never dated a 10... Once dated two 3s and a 4 though. Does that count?

At the same time? Maybe.

I never drove the Top fuel funny car, but a farm I worked with/for, the owner had a love for drag racing, he was pretty good drive just was a **** to work for and be around and never could get sponsored cause of it, but it was a small personally funded race team so we played double duty on the farm and race stuff... Learned alot, got exposed to alot and just alot of fun. Makes me wish I had millions to do it myself.. would in a heart beat. something about 10k hp going down the track in 4.2 seconds at 325mph

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got to love bracket racing. I went one night with my buddies, they all had modded up imports, I had my bone stock 94 Shadow ES. They took it very seriously, I did not but I decided to run it down the strip for laughs. I ran a 19.20 at like 60 something mph, slowest car on the track that night. But I was consistent and kept hitting that number and walked out with a couple hundred bucks in my pocket, and pissed my buddies off to boot. Also pissed off one of the hard core bracket racers who won every week that season except for the week I did.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Congrats, like the ole pro tree huh? :D

Great baseline time bro.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats, like the ole pro tree huh? :D

Great baseline time bro.

Yup, its what I'm used to being around with the Top fuel stuff. I haven't lined up to a full tree in a long time and completely threw me off.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Lucky you didnt red light :D