Trailer brake controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2015 outdoorsman didn't come with the brake controller, my fault for not including it in my order. What would be involved in installing it in the blank space in the dash? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1791.jpg
    IMG_1791.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 101

robbob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had mine installed at a dealer with the computer flash for $332. The part is about 230 and about 100 labor. Install would be pretty easy to do yourself but you still have to take it to the dealer to have the computer flashed.

Dez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty simple install. Remove some plastic on the dash and plug and play. I had an appointment for my dealer to install it but they told me they couldn't get the controller for two weeks. I bought one off Ebay from another Ram dealer, had it delivered and installed in a couple of days and just stopped by the dealer for them to flash the computer.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just had mine installed at a dealer with the computer flash for $332. The part is about 230 and about 100 labor. Install would be pretty easy to do yourself but you still have to take it to the dealer to have the computer flashed.
Shoot, that's a good deal right there considering the flash is like $40 IIRC

Upthewazzu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500, Hemi 5.7, 3.21

Exactly what I had done on my '15 Big Horn for $330. Took 'em about an hour and a half to install. It took them about 3 weeks to get the part, but it wasn't a big deal this time of the year for me.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
What everyone else said. The parts are around 230 pop the dash open plug it in there is harness back there. Pop it in the dash in place of the blank piece and close it back up pretty easy but you have to have the dealer flash the computer to allow the computer to control it witch is normally about 1 hour labor probably would t cost to much more to have the dealer do the full install.

twodogs603

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did mine today. Install is very easy, with the exception of one of the screws that holds the bracket that holds the module. The upper rear screw is impossible to get in because of a large wire harness in the way. But it holds well with 2 of the screws. Took all of about 45 mins if that to do it....Just need to get it to the dealer now to flash the computer..

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Did mine today. Install is very easy, with the exception of one of the screws that holds the bracket that holds the module. The upper rear screw is impossible to get in because of a large wire harness in the way. But it holds well with 2 of the screws. Took all of about 45 mins if that to do it....Just need to get it to the dealer now to flash the computer..

Yep. That third screw is nearly impossible to install. I was only able to get two of them installed on my truck, but it is solidly attached. :favorites13:

OP
OP
TerraNewf

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i 'm going to call the local dealer and see how they will charge me. Saw them on e-bay but with import charge and exchange on our dollar it's just too expensive.