Trans service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The school im at for the next few weeks has a shop with lifts for use. I figure this is a good chance do to my trans filter and fluid change.

Buddy just did his 07 ram And said the filter kit (both filters, and trans gasket) Was under $20 at pepboys

I usually like to use mopar when i can.

Does anyone here run other than factory filters. And what about the fluid. Should i stick with mopar atf4
Or will i be ok With a castrol atf4
From what i understand When i do the pan drop A small amount stayes in the converter. So i was u sure about mixing.

Also about jow much fluid is required for a pan drop and filter change

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I used a NON mopar filte from Oreiley. it was crap and didnt stay in. almost cost me my transmission. I ended up in limp mode with low line pressure and the dealership charged me $275 to remedy the situation.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I would use ester based Redline, their C+ ATF is for your application, doubles your oil change interval. But on a small amount in torque converter that is kinda funny. It is like 6 quarts there and in the lines. Research DYI tranny flush on 5.7 or Ram or both. There are a couple ways to purge the fluid. Get as much as you can out.