Trans wouldn’t shift out of first then after restart shifted fine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013 longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a 2013 longhorn 1500 I was driving back from the store today and it randomly didn’t want to shift out of first I restarted it and it shifted like normal it didn’t throw any dash lights or warnings I’m stumped and just hoping it’s not the worst scenario

OP
OP

2013 longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not one that will work on this truck I ought to be able to borrow one tho

CalDad14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 4x4, 6-speed, short bed, 392gears
Engine
Is your truck equipped w/the gear limit feature?

If yes, could you have accidently hit the (-) selector button from a stop? If you did that, it would have limited the trans from shifting out of 1st gear. If you didn't notice that had accidently hit the (-) gear limt switch, it would have reset after you restarted the truck.

Just a thought.

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
Check volts on your battery below 80% could not be getting right amount of volt signal to the trans and if its a 8 spd trans you could check fluid level when temp is @ 100* if its good
find a transmission shop let them reflash your trans and drive around for awhile.
Light on the pedal while trans is relearning

OP
OP

2013 longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is your truck equipped w/the gear limit feature?

If yes, could you have accidently hit the (-) selector button from a stop? If you did that, it would have limited the trans from shifting out of 1st gear. If you didn't notice that had accidently hit the (-) gear limt switch, it would have reset after you restarted the truck.

Just a thought.
I do have it that is a possibility I’m not sure how likely but fingers crossed

OP
OP

2013 longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check volts on your battery below 80% could not be getting right amount of volt signal to the trans and if its a 8 spd trans you could check fluid level when temp is @ 100* if its good
find a transmission shop let them reflash your trans and drive around for awhile.
fluid looked fine I’ll put the multi meter to the battery and look at that thank you for the advice

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca