Transmission problems? or "breaking in" ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Wow, that's a pretty good fix... You wouldn't think a dealer would grab a new truck and strip it like that... but good on them for making it right in such a way...

OP
OP
O

ottoman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm suprised at the positive response from you guys...

I was expecting more like "don't accept a "used" transmission etc" I guess what they did was unusual..

the main reasons were:
a) the truck had 600 miles on it and I barely had it in my possession.
b) I bought 2 vehicles from them at the same time
c)they could tell I knew what I was talking about and not abusing or misusing the truck.
d)to get a replacement tranny would take a month... an inspector would have to fly out from regional HQ, inspect sign off etc, then a new one would have to be ordered and shipped half way around the world and what not... so rather than leaving a customer carless for that long, they canabalized one from the lot, got me on the road, and will keep that one in the back until the new parts arrive.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
That is amazing service.

$miley

blynch35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i just bought a 2013 slt quad cab 4.7 4x4 last week it was a prior rental at the dealer i bought from. only 23,000 miles im having the same transmission problem, i traded in a 2013 tacoma i bought brand new at the same dealership i hope my problem goes as smooth as yours.:patriot:

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great service man. I can hardly get my local dealer to order me a spare set of keys.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm suprised at the positive response from you guys...

I was expecting more like "don't accept a "used" transmission etc" I guess what they did was unusual..

the main reasons were:
a) the truck had 600 miles on it and I barely had it in my possession.
b) I bought 2 vehicles from them at the same time
c)they could tell I knew what I was talking about and not abusing or misusing the truck.
d)to get a replacement tranny would take a month... an inspector would have to fly out from regional HQ, inspect sign off etc, then a new one would have to be ordered and shipped half way around the world and what not... so rather than leaving a customer carless for that long, they canabalized one from the lot, got me on the road, and will keep that one in the back until the new parts arrive.

most dealers would rather have you wait a month or 2 to replace a trans.. glad it worked out for ya otto, drive the truck normal no need to baby it or be too hard.
not sure how it is on the 8 speeds but if you can, take a look at the fluid levels just for confirmation.

anyways happy it all worked out for ya,,, now if only summit would get of their ass and ship your exhaust and my wheels lol

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the 8-speeds are sealed. Can't check or add fluid.

blynch35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well i got my truck back, they had it for two days and said it was fine no problems detected. but they did notice my rear seal was leaking and replaced it while they had it, i took the tech for a ride to show him the problem he said he thinks its just the ecm adjusting to my style of driving when it resets it should be fine, so i have to drive it for another 125 miles and take it back oh they replaced my windshield too it had a chip when i got it.

Aziz2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same Transmission Problem

Hi All,

I have 2015 1500 longhorn with Hemi 5.7. It has 1200 miles. the 2nd and 3rd geas seems to slip when it is cold and sometimes if it is parked for ling time. Also, sometimes the 2nd and 3rd gears delay, like having clutch.

I went to the dealership yesterday and they said that you have to put some miles in it. So i do not know if what they said is true.

DiabeticKripple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
the transmission learns how you drive and makes adjustments to how it shifts over time. mine started out pretty bad but now i dont even feel the shift, just a rpm change

Fullmetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The 8speed auto in my truck sometimes reminds me of driving a manual in terms of feathering the gas and working with it during fast acceleration and stopping. Once you get a feel for it and vice versa it shifts smoothly.

Hemiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got mine back. Bought 2015 had it one week with 650 miles. Going down hwy doing 60 and the rpm's went up. Center console said shift to park and then to drive. Pulled over shifted to park and then it was froze. Towed in to dealer they had no clue an entire new transmission was shipped in and swapped out and old one shipped back for the Chrysler engineers to take apart and see what happened. They did not want dealer to try and fix. Took one and half week in shop. Hope this one holds up because it is a great truck has Hemi with 3.92 rear axle

Aziz2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just came back from the dealership because of the delay when shift second gear. i parked the car overnight and the tech guy drove and notice the delay. It happens just one time a day when you start it up if it parked for lang time (e.g. overnight). the tech guy said that this is normal that the first morning 2nd gear shift delay for a second, although i start up and leave it to warm up till the temp reached the normal level. As i said it happen just one time, and the car has 1800 mile now. I have been having this issue since i bought it.

IS THAT RIGHT? IS IT NORMAL?

Thanks

Aziz2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just came back from another dealership. they inspect the car and find that it delays for a second and they said that is normal. I called Ram care Center and they contacted the dealer and told me that they dealer said that there is no problem with the trans so we cannot do anything for you.

What should I do?