Transmission service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chukbacca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings, all…
I recently purchased a 2015, 1500 tradesman with the 3.6 and the 845RE transmission with 94k miles

I am seriously considering getting the PPE pan, but want to ask about fluid.

It would appear that the Valvoline max life oil that many seem to use is not available in California . Is anyone aware of a cost-effective fluid option in Southern California? I might pick up some MaxLife the next time I go on a road trip, but that won’t be soon enough.

Thanks in advance for your kind replies.

Jas34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The "Mopar storefront" on Amazon had the OEM fluid at a good price if you bought a case with 6 qts in it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
This state is so embarrassing.

I think Valvoline direct will sell it to you shipped free plus free hat, but it is like 35 a gallon which is more then old market rate. Amazon looks like it ships as well cheaper as well. The number one place to get this was Walmart, now not available anywhere in CA, If you get some, might want to think about storing some and order again.

kind of a bad ass hat...

bkxela2ya05i93vi4nny.png

BlackSheepRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don’t think that hasn’t been discussed with the wife … a lot
lived there 14 years. wouldn't have afforded a house or my current truck if we hadn't escaped. i know it's not an option for everyone though... at the very least, it is a very expensive transmission service!

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
50's in the winter, 70's in the summer, inbetween spring and fall, no tornado or hurricanes, if you don't want to use the heat in the winter just wear a sweater inside, no need for ac in the summer just a fan if it pleases you. There is a reason this is the most popular state, I'm not letting them chase me out, I'm doing me all day long. Wont be long and the next Reagan or Schwarzenegger who was our gov til 2011 will make it better for us.

OP
OP
C

Chukbacca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
50's in the winter, 70's in the summer, inbetween spring and fall, no tornado or hurricanes, if you don't want to use the heat in the winter just wear a sweater inside, no need for ac in the summer just a fan if it pleases you. There is a reason this is the most popular state, I'm not letting them chase me out, I'm doing me all day long. Wont be long and the next Reagan or Schwarzenegger who was our gov til 2011 will make it better for us.
I cannot disagree with you about the weather. Respectfully as Californians, we are just lobsters in a pot, and I would suggest that many if not most who have left the state would agree.
Sadly, I do not share your optimistic vision of California’s future

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
...Sadly, I do not share your optimistic vision of California’s future

Oh it'll still be there... long after all of us I'm pretty sure. LOL. I heard someone say the other day, "Maybe its time to take a media break and focus on what good in your life today." Sounded good. I need that every once in a while too, these days. :cheers:

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I started to comment on another post about California last night but held back.
I was born in California sum 50yrs ago,I had no choice as a toddler when parents left or why they left(dad's job I guess)
Like Blachsheep said not everyone has an option to just leave and I'm not gonna dis on anyone who cant leave or wanting to stay.
But.....the laws,the rules,the way the politicians do stuff,pass stuff(gun laws really get me goin),no water at times,to much water,fires,earthquakes,brownouts,rediculous land/housing costs,costs of everything,taxes and im sure theres 100 other things i cant think of is just mind blowing to me.
To me that state has never gotten better regardless of who's been in charge and i for the life of me cannot understand why anyone would gravitate towards this state and wanna be in that rat race.fame and fortune?...to each his own I guess.
P.s....Florida is turning Into a s*^#hole state now(and has been)to me.Everyone moving here just like California over the years....I will not die in this state(naturally),accident maybe.
Dammit I went on another rant again and bit off topic......my apologies all.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dang! ...HardRacer...You forgot FL sinkholes!:happy3:

1713457036943.jpeg

Note the Ram in the pic above (i.e. Ram-related post). I love to *visit* CA/FL. Fun & beautiful!

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I started to comment on another post about California last night but held back.
I was born in California sum 50yrs ago,I had no choice as a toddler when parents left or why they left(dad's job I guess)
Like Blachsheep said not everyone has an option to just leave and I'm not gonna dis on anyone who cant leave or wanting to stay.
But.....the laws,the rules,the way the politicians do stuff,pass stuff(gun laws really get me goin),no water at times,to much water,fires,earthquakes,brownouts,rediculous land/housing costs,costs of everything,taxes and im sure theres 100 other things i cant think of is just mind blowing to me.
To me that state has never gotten better regardless of who's been in charge and i for the life of me cannot understand why anyone would gravitate towards this state and wanna be in that rat race.fame and fortune?...to each his own I guess.
P.s....Florida is turning Into a s*^#hole state now(and has been)to me.Everyone moving here just like California over the years....I will not die in this state(naturally),accident maybe.
For me personally, I live on top of a hill end of a street in the country, so it isn't like I am bumping nasties with the unwashed hoards, lol. I can go 6 months at a time without seeing a person from my windows, once we went a year without seeing anyone, my neighbor was on long Vaca. In the summer me and the misses big decision is whether or not to wear swim suits on that day or not. Yes jeep walker, life is good.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya,sink holes really suck along with the hurricanes.....been through 2 straight eyewall hits...do not like that feeling.165.mph area...wind thing broke at 165 2 miles away at the hospital.....dammit everywhere sucks now.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot people moving to Tx I guess ...have you looked there as your next destination? ...he he

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't forget when the masses move they bring their bad habits with them, and most have bags of cash!

OP
OP
C

Chukbacca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For me personally, I live on top of a hill end of a street in the country, so it isn't like I am bumping nasties with the unwashed hoards, lol. I can go 6 months at a time without seeing a person from my windows, once we went a year without seeing anyone, my neighbor was on long Vaca. In the summer me and the misses big decision is whether or not to wear swim suits on that day or not. Yes jeep walker, life is good.
I get it. If I could live like a hermit in the forest I absolutely would (I’m too fair skinned to hang out at the beach) the SoCal weather definitely saves me from working through the rust struggles that so many others have…