transmission troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snuffy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I am totally stumped on this one. I a 2007 1500 SLT 4.8l and i am having problems from my trans. it will throw codes P0732/3/4 gear ratio error for grears 2,3,4.
Started out not shifting into gear right, would have a delay. Checked the fluid and it was good. Decided to go ahead and trying changing the fluid and filters even though it only has 62K on it. Used all Mopar parts and fluids. But it is still doing it and its worse. Will not shift gears at all revs erractly and at 40mph it is almost hitting the rev limit. Any ideas would help.
Thanks

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok sounds like internals going out. Did you do any towing??

2 things it could be. First is the actual tranny going out. If it is having difficulty shifting and staying in gear then the internal clutches are gone and your tranny needs a rebuild. Second thing might be the Torque convertor but I doubt that.
I suggest taking it to a tranny shop and have them check it out. Auto trannies are not easy to rebuild properly. If you do some towing then have the tranny shop put some better clutches made for towing in the tranny. That and a few other mods for towing will help out with its longetivity.
Also if you got the lifetime driveline warrantee take it too the nearest dealership and let them fix it.

OP
OP
S

Snuffy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never done any towing with it, just my daily driver. Unfortunatly dont think I have the powertrain warranty, I'm the third person to own it. Taking it to a tranny shop or the dealership is my next step. I was just hoping it was something simply.
thank you

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i had those same codes once. then my tranny completely ate ****. Hopefully it is something easy though. Might be the solenoid pack.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Never done any towing with it, just my daily driver. Unfortunatly dont think I have the powertrain warranty, I'm the third person to own it. Taking it to a tranny shop or the dealership is my next step. I was just hoping it was something simply.
thank you

Ah being the third person sheds a bit of light on this problem maybe. There is a possibility that your truck was used to tow and it did a number on the tranny even before you got it. Auto trannies are known to go for a while without showing any problems, then all of a sudden they crap a big brick on us. That is why I own a stick myself (wifes truck though is auto but daughters is a stick).
Not exactly how much it will cost to get fixed in your area but the normal cost where I live goes from $200 on up depending upon the tranny. Good luck with it and hope it is something easy and cheap.:Rock on: