Truck covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mateo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Eco Diesel
I store my Ram outdoors and I bought a pretty expensive cover and after just under 2 years it's falling apart. It is that mesh fabric that is sold everywhere.

Any recommendations for a cover that will last? I'm covering a couple dirt bikes with my wife's old curtains and they're holding up better than the truck cover made for outdoors!!!

Thanks

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
I wipe my Tonneau cover at least 2X a year with the 303 Aerospace wipes. It sits outside 100% as well unfortunately. Still looks good after 8 years. Not sure about the "mesh" fabric you mention.

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you can swing it, a carport works wonders. Protection for what mother nature throws at it. When I bought my house, tried fitting my 2013 Ram (pre 2020 Ram that I now own) in the garage, no go by at least a one foot, couple years later had my carport installed, happy camper I am.
Car covers are not the best.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ditto to above ref carport/ BlueBeast: Maybe U could extend yer garage, lol.

Mine goes into garage if bad weather come, basically hail. But I have so little room. I have to pull out my trailer, and put truck in. FWIW, I have 2 1/2 pole barn garage. 1 side full of hay, other side 1/2, all I have is the middle backed up to a work bench so it is always a matter of inches, but my truck spends majority of time
outside in front of house. We do get the occasional hail and stuff. If they forecast over 1/2 inch and watching weather, I go through the hassle of putting into garage.

OP, look at BlueBeast's pic in avatar, his vehicle is under one of those wonder arc car ports, the standalones you could get for like $800 a few years back, not know how much now.

327882975_957555251898973_1423275154844851373_n.jpg

Truck in Garage (1).JPGTruck in Garage (2).JPG

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine
Car covers in general don't last more than a year or two. The Sun really deteriorates the fabric, and any wind getting underneath will flap around the corners and possibly wear down paint after time.

The best covers though are by California Covers/Covercraft. You pay for what you get. Their best one will give you around five years. That's been my experience.

I don't know how my HOA would feel about that carport. I'm guessing they'd send me a letter in five minutes.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Car covers in general don't last more than a year or two. The Sun really deteriorates the fabric, and any wind getting underneath will flap around the corners and possibly wear down paint after time.

The best covers though are by California Covers/Covercraft. You pay for what you get. Their best one will give you around five years. That's been my experience.

I don't know how my HOA would feel about that carport. I'm guessing they'd send me a letter in five minutes.
You and me both lol.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just get 2-3 parts trucks and keep them in the yard on blocks. The carport will be the last thing they complain about!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I had a cover made for my H-D Trike
The company makes any kind of cover that you can think of.

The owner told me that if a vehicle is under a cover outdoors & that cover is touching the paint, just the slightest breeze will cause the fabric to act like very fine abrasive

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine

The owner told me that if a vehicle is under a cover outdoors & that cover is touching the paint, just the slightest breeze will cause the fabric to act like very fine abrasive
Correct. Been trying to get this point across. Breeze underneath will wear paint away.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi

That it will. I dont recommend them.