Truck won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugaboo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it is winter and 2 months ago my truck wouldn't start it acted like it wanted to and didn't. Replaced battery and idler air motor. Worked great for 2 months and now it is doing the exact same thing. When it runs it runs and idles perfect. What could it be

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just saying that it won't start leaves a lot of questions. When you turn the key, goes the engine crank? Just click? Do nothing at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bugaboo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It cranks fine acts like it wants to fire but don't there is fuel pressure and spark last time this happened the idler air motor fixed the problem for 2 months but doing the same thing again

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
If replacing the IAC helped before then I would try taking it out and cleaning it. Maybe a bad crank position sensor? I would try posting in the 2nd Gen section since there are a lot more 5.9 guys over there. Good luck.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Mine is doing the same thing. My mechanic said it's more than likely the crank position sensor. Which is on top of the bell housing on the transmission