true trac issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
had true trac installed by professional gear shop with 4.10’s my axles have in and out play 1.25-1.75 inches on each side and driving the rotors hit the e brake hat, took apart verified c clips in place correctly . called moes performance because i bought everything thru him, he answered a couple times but now isn’t responding and i have the truck down . thoughts or anyone seen this issue?

OP
OP
W

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
its the play between the c-clip and housing. Unless they didnt put the plug in... lol... That reminds me I need to change out my break in fluid...lol...
plug is in there i took it out , removed both axles to check everything, reinstalled still has same amount of end play

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Either parts missing or something really really wrong. I can’t see how you would have that much play without some shims or a washer somewhere being missing. The gear shop should have caught that before letting you leave so I’d be pretty pissed off about that

OP
OP
W

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Either parts missing or something really really wrong. I can’t see how you would have that much play without some shims or a washer somewhere being missing. The gear shop should have caught that before letting you leave so I’d be pretty pissed off about that
ya im not happy, but the center section comes complete to my knowledge of bolting ring gear to it, setting backlash etc, and then sliding axles into place and retaining with c clips

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
had true trac installed by professional gear shop with 4.10’s my axles have in and out play 1.25-1.75 inches on each side and driving the rotors hit the e brake hat, took apart verified c clips in place correctly . called moes performance because i bought everything thru him, he answered a couple times but now isn’t responding and i have the truck down . thoughts or anyone seen this issue?
I think you'd be better off contacting Eaton instead of Matt,he's just a middle man

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe that you have the transition year when ZF took it over and made slight changes

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
no shafts are the same, and i did talk to installer he said its true trac but that doesnt do me much good since i didnt purchase the parts thru him
Go to photo 27 and look at it,then go check and make sure the installer installed the spacer block.With 3" of axle play,i'd hazard a guess the axle spacer isn't installed. It's a GM diff,but they aren't much differant then the Ram diff as far as c-clips and spacer go.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
why Aren’t you returning to the installer who did the work . Did it function correctly at first then go down hill ? Did you purchase the wrong year tru-trac , as in one for the zf ?

OP
OP
W

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you can believe the Internet the transition year was 2010. 913A368 is the old style, 917A730 the newer style. Which one did you get ?
its the zf style and confirmed with installer and moes performance who it was bought thru

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I thought it was the 2014 that was the first year for the zf rear end. I waited till tru-trac built the chunck for that year to becaone available so I did not also need to replace the axle . I do not gamble however my money says you got the wrong part.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I thought it was the 2014 that was the first year for the zf rear end. I waited till tru-trac built the chunck for that year to becaone available so I did not also need to replace the axle . I do not gamble however my money says you got the wrong part.
My 11 sport 4x4 had the ZF axle.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
its the zf style and confirmed with installer and moes performance who it was bought thru
When you pulled the axles there should have been a spacer that slips in between the axles to hold them apart so the c-clips don't fall off,was it there? If you have 3" of combined axle movement ,i can't see it being there,or how the c-clips would stay in place.Pic 27 in the link i provided shows the spacer

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I thought it was the 2014 that was the first year for the zf rear end.
The first year for the ZF axles was the '11 model year. '14 was the first official year for the ZF behind the Hemi and EcoDiesel. In '13 the ZF was available behind the 3.6L

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
TT70P40624. 917 A 730 Are the numbers from the box mine came in ,hope this helps. Went into 2014 RCSB.

OP
OP
W

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you pulled the axles there should have been a spacer that slips in between the axles to hold them apart so the c-clips don't fall off,was it there? If you have 3" of combined axle movement ,i can't see it being there,or how the c-clips would stay in place.Pic 27 in the link i provided shows the spacer
have the stopper plug but no spacer, thats my issue for sure, dont know if the guy thru the part away or it was never in the box, trying to figure out now how to get replacement