Trying to order a 2023 Classic at ramtrucks.com but can't get cold weather group and cloth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weekiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess you have to get the heated seats with vinyl which doesn't make sense. I don't see any phone number for customer support. The local dealers have not been helpful, but might have to try the dealer again.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess you have to get the heated seats with vinyl which doesn't make sense. I don't see any phone number for customer support. The local dealers have not been helpful, but might have to try the dealer again.

You’ve talked to a dealer salesperson about ordering a new vehicle and they weren’t helpful?

What were the issues you encountered with the dealers?

OP
OP
W

Weekiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm taking delivery of my 2024 classic this month. Ordered in Jan and got everything i ordered based on the window sticker. Mark Dodge for the win.

connect to Anthony
That's awesome, guy I spoke with said 23,24 not available for order, but I just called Ram and they said I can.

OP
OP
W

Weekiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm taking delivery of my 2024 classic this month. Ordered in Jan and got everything i ordered based on the window sticker. Mark Dodge for the win.

connect to Anthony
I called back and left a message for Anthony. Is there a reason you went with the 24 versus the 23? They are both available to order for some reason.

HunterCat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
When I ordered my truck in '22, there was a slight difference between what I could build on the website and what was available when I sat down with the dealer to get the order in. In my particular case, the "Utility Group" (tow hooks and fog lights) was not available as an option online but I was able to order it.

The salesperson told me at the time that RAM's preference moving forward was to have customers order their vehicles. Probably not the preference of the dealers hence the games you're experiencing. I basically ordered a work truck (RCLB) with some options so they couldn't jerk me around because they don't keep those on the lot.

OP
OP
W

Weekiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I ordered my truck in '22, there was a slight difference between what I could build on the website and what was available when I sat down with the dealer to get the order in. In my particular case, the "Utility Group" (tow hooks and fog lights) was not available as an option online but I was able to order it.

The salesperson told me at the time that RAM's preference moving forward was to have customers order their vehicles. Probably not the preference of the dealers hence the games you're experiencing. I basically ordered a work truck (RCLB) with some options so they couldn't jerk me around because they don't keep those on the lot.
I see that now about the options. Do you pay more or less when ordering a vehicle?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
The price is fairly fixed with the dealer, you are not going to lowball them and on these units they are not desperate. You will pay a fair price with a reasonable profit by the dealer. My suggestion join Tread Lightly, it's $100. This gives you a discount that is a guaranteed savings you can use as well as work with a dealer like Mark Dodge. You will not know the difference in price.

My last 2 new cars have been ordered by me, both at Mark Dodge. They are a forum sponsor. I've been very happy.

Granger in Iowa has a similar process. I've never dealt with them

Good luck.

OP
OP
W

Weekiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The price is fairly fixed with the dealer, you are not going to lowball them and on these units they are not desperate. You will pay a fair price with a reasonable profit by the dealer. My suggestion join Tread Lightly, it's $100. This gives you a discount that is a guaranteed savings you can use as well as work with a dealer like Mark Dodge. You will not know the difference in price.

My last 2 new cars have been ordered by me, both at Mark Dodge. They are a forum sponsor. I've been very happy.

Good luck.
Okay thanks, I plan on going through Anthony.

OP
OP
W

Weekiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Good luck.
So if I join Tread Lightly I get 1% over invoice. Is that true for vehicles on the lot or left over 2023 models you think?

GoWhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
at this point in the product cycle, I think you might just start searching the available vehicles. I don't believe they are still taking custom orders...there are some incredible deals out there right now. Autonation in Spring Texas is a good example of what can be had... they are moving tradesman out the door under 40K for a large range of vehicles (2x4, 4x4, Crew / quad, Hemi / 3.6...) however, you need to look at the window stickers as they were a little lax inputing 300+ trucks into the system for truck month... ASK for JOHN!

OP
OP
W

Weekiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
at this point in the product cycle, I think you might just start searching the available vehicles. I don't believe they are still taking custom orders...there are some incredible deals out there right now. Autonation in Spring Texas is a good example of what can be had... they are moving tradesman out the door under 40K for a large range of vehicles (2x4, 4x4, Crew / quad, Hemi / 3.6...) however, you need to look at the window stickers as they were a little lax inputing 300+ trucks into the system for truck month... ASK for JOHN!
Thanks, That's awesome I'll give him a call.