Turn signal issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron Tucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have a rapidly blinking arrow inside and the info center tells me front left signal bib is out. The front signal appears to have a two inch section almost in the middle that is black and not blinking there is an area on both sides of this spot that is lit and blinking, I’m unsure if there are multiple bulbs but after removing the head light I only see two pulls and these seem to be the high and low beam. Any input is appreciated

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
The front signal bulb is dual filament. One for the running lights, one to flash for turning/hazards.
Sounds like the running filament is shot. There's a wire harness that goes to a smaller twist-cover on the underside of the housing where the signal bulb goes.

Or, it's an LED bulb and the Canbus isn't detecting full voltage so it says it's out.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Sounds like you have the factory projector headlights, unfortunately the turn signals are LED and technically not user replaceable.
Couple of options, look around for someone selling the side you need, go with a set of aftermarket which there many different styles including clones of the OEM, or bake your current ones open and customize them.

FmsTgun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have a rapidly blinking arrow inside and the info center tells me front left signal bib is out. The front signal appears to have a two inch section almost in the middle that is black and not blinking there is an area on both sides of this spot that is lit and blinking, I’m unsure if there are multiple bulbs but after removing the head light I only see two pulls and these seem to be the high and low beam. Any input is appreciated

What year is your truck? Ironically my 2018 Sport started doing the exact same thing. I had my daughter turn the signal on and there were about 2 bulbs not lighting up while the rest were. It randomly just started working again normally yesterday. I'll wait to see if it happens again before i go taking off the grill and digging around.