U-connect 3.0 to 5.0???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotrodderscott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 express CC. Been wanting to change out the head unit. I have the BASIC radio. If I found a u- connect 5.0 out of a wrecked 2014 ram would it be a direct plug and play swap? ??
Or is it just best to hold off and go aftermarket from Crutchfield?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if someone hasnt responded to a new post for 3 hours calm down! people work and dont always man the forums waiting for new posts.

do a search there have been many posts about this.

an aftermarket will give you better sound. better functionality also.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
I saw a thread where somebody swapped to a 5.0. Plug and play.

OP
OP
hotrodderscott

hotrodderscott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
if someone hasnt responded to a new post for 3 hours calm down! people work and dont always man the forums waiting for new posts.

do a search there have been many posts about this.

an aftermarket will give you better sound. better functionality also.

Actually it was more like 14 hour, I ask because I to am working an happen to come across a wrecked 2014 ram but will only be in the area till tomorrow. Dont want to drop the $250 and not be able to use it.
Only web access I have is my phone and when I try to use the search at the top of the screen. Even though I select search forum thread it redirects to a google web search. Ill i have found is softwear upgrade info not actual head unit swap.
But thanks for the half sarcastic reply.

nbbowhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have to love the guys who get so upset and assume you didn't use the search function... I mean I it bugs ya that bad don't click on the ops thread . Pretty simple ... A lot of us are new here and come here to learn and get the advice an experience of people who have done it or been here a while . Drives me nuts when people get all pissy about it