U11E9 Code for 2022 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 S.O.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram5664

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2022 Ram 3500 with the standard output 6.7L and it's throwing the U11E9 permanent code (Lost communication with AGS system). I have confirmed that the plug on the bottom of the grille shutter it self has +12v and gnd in the right places. the only other wire on it is what I believe to be a direct signal connection to the engine ECM. I can't seem to find an ECM pinout to check continuity between the ECM and the AGS plug. The truck was previously totaled and has been rebuilt.

Thanks in advance

Snagley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all..
Name is Craig here and I’m looking for some help with my AGS system.
Throwing code U11E9 & P1D73
Here’s what I have done.
Shutters move with no problem.
AGS plug and wires all look good
I have battery voltage on red wire
I have good ground on black wire
White/brown (can bus) is showing no short to ground.
When connecting the plug the shutters go full open which I understand it will do when there is a problem communicating with the PCM.
When connected I’m getting battery voltage “while shutters moving” and it drops to 10.6 after full open.
Checking continuity on the can bus wire I get good signal to the plug connector under the fuse panel (picture).
Checking further I get good signal at the next plug connector between the battery and the firewall (picture).
The next point of contact would be at the PCM C1 pin 11 (at least that’s what I found on line)
My questions -
2 plugs on the PCM is the one on the right “C1”?
Is there a pinout diagram of the PCM that I can confirm AGS bus wire?
I’m leaning towards a problem with the PCM-if it is what kind of programming needs to be done and is it dealership dependent or will a good service station be able to do it?

Attachments

• IMG_6479.png
    IMG_6479.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6478.jpeg
    IMG_6478.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6477.jpeg
    IMG_6477.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6476.jpeg
    IMG_6476.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 12

Snagley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all..
Name is Craig here and I’m looking for some help with my AGS system.
Throwing code U11E9 & P1D73
Here’s what I have done.
Shutters move with no problem.
AGS plug and wires all look good
I have battery voltage on red wire
I have good ground on black wire
White/brown (can bus) is showing no short to ground.
When connecting the plug the shutters go full open which I understand it will do when there is a problem communicating with the PCM.
When connected I’m getting battery voltage “while shutters moving” and it drops to 10.6 after full open.
Checking continuity on the can bus wire I get good signal to the plug connector under the fuse panel (picture).
Checking further I get good signal at the next plug connector between the battery and the firewall (picture).
The next point of contact would be at the PCM C1 pin 11 (at least that’s what I found on line)
My questions -
2 plugs on the PCM is the one on the right “C1”?
Is there a pinout diagram of the PCM that I can confirm AGS bus wire?
I’m leaning towards a problem with the PCM-if it is what kind of programming needs to be done and is it dealership dependent or will a good service station be able to do it

2018 RAM 3.6