UConnect 8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Van_TX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Limited 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I had really understood what a technologically inept company Stellantis is, I probably would not have bought my RAM. UConnect 8 is terrible, their websites are terrible. Today I received a recall notice 97A for a problem with the Rearview Camera and the UConnect display. The letter indicates that doing an over the air update will fix the problem and no visit to the dealer is required. I even watched the video they provided. There's no information anywhere on how to force an update, and my truck does not detect an update ready to apply.

The UConnect system reboots constantly, CarPlay disconnects and won't reconnect without rebooting my phone, etc.

Definitely first world problem compared to some of the issues you guys post, but for an IT guy, this is driving me nuts.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wow, that really sucks... My wife's 2016 Cherokee, a d my 2019 Ram have had zero problems with the Uconnect 8.4. Hers with Nav and mine without. I hope they get it fixed for you.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't know the How & Why of it, BUT

the Jeep forums have more inside dope on the radios.etc.