Uconnect app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodh68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Has anyone ever got the app to actually work. We just bought a 2019 2500 Laramie with the 12" screen new off the lot. We can not get the remote start to work from the app or the ram owners page. Uconnect does have a work ticket started but looking for any help available.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Does it remote start with the FOB?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The signal to start comes over a cellular connection. The carrier used to be Sprint and if the service is not good in your area the remote start signal will not be received over the cellular connection.

Have you tried it in different areas?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I have it and use it daily. There has been a time or 3 in the last year it did not work but for the most part it has.
Are you getting the updates of current miles, tire pressure, and fuel in the App? I've read other 12" screen trucks having issues too but I have the 8.4.

OP
OP
R

rodh68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No not getting those updates either. I am in Canada so no Sprint here. Have tried it in big centers as well but still nothing.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No not getting those updates either. I am in Canada so no Sprint here. Have tried it in big centers as well but still nothing.
Was the truck bought new in Canada too?

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
See thats the problem with all the unnecessary stuff. Seriously do we really need an app to start our car/truck now when the remotes never had a problem with it. The car manufactures just add features that will be useless in the future and not even work when they go full 5g anyhow. Thats what happened to ford and thats what will happen here. Its a truck.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
See thats the problem with all the unnecessary stuff. Seriously do we really need an app to start our car/truck now when the remotes never had a problem with it. The car manufactures just add features that will be useless in the future and not even work when they go full 5g anyhow. Thats what happened to ford and thats what will happen here. Its a truck.

Yes I do need them which is why I pay for it. For example, ever get on a flight or road trip and wonder if you locked the doors? No worry, I lock it from the app. Or plan a trip night before and want to send the location to the truck so all you have to do is jump in it and go at 3 a.m.? I do that. Or wonder do I have enough fuel for that trip tomorrow? I can see that also through the app. Along with all my tire pressures are up and I don't have a slow leak on any of the 6 tires. Or wonder if I'm getting close to an oil change? Yup, it tells that too. And one more scenario, the truck is gone and you want to know where it is, whether it was stolen or your son took it? You guessed it, the app will tell you.
Yes it's not for everyone but someone with a busy life it can be very useful.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Has anyone ever got the app to actually work. We just bought a 2019 2500 Laramie with the 12" screen new off the lot. We can not get the remote start to work from the app or the ram owners page. Uconnect does have a work ticket started but looking for any help available.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
Ram Cares

OP
OP
R

rodh68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ram care
Still no reply from Sirius Guardian about the app not working. Can't get the remote options to work from the Ram page either. Work order was started on Jan 27th and still no response.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ram care
Still no reply from Sirius Guardian about the app not working. Can't get the remote options to work from the Ram page either. Work order was started on Jan 27th and still no response.
If you want them to respond, you need to reply directly to their post (like I have yours) or conversely place a an "@" sign in front of their name (@RamCares).

In this case, since they already acknowledged and offered assistance, you should send them a private message.