Uconnect issue affecting Android Auto and Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjohnson7581

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tonight, I ran into a new issue after having my truck for over a year. It is a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic SLT 3.6L with the 8.4" Uconnect head unit. It has been working fine up until today when my phone lost connection with the unit. It started while I was parked. Music was playing through wired Android Auto. The cable has always been plugged into the same USB in the arm rest since the day I got the truck with no issues other than having to buy a new cable once. Out of nowhere, my phone disconnected and a few seconds later, my display had a message to connect a supported device. Along with this issue, my phone will charge for a few seconds, stop, charge for a few seconds, stop, and so on.

Steps I tried to resolve the issue:
- Tried a different cable
- Tried the other USB port
- Turned the truck off for about 20 minutes then back on
- Restarted my phone
- Unlink and relink my phone to Uconnect

I attempted to do a reset by holding the volume and tuning buttons simultaneously as found online but after over a minute, nothing happened. I found a video another video that showed I should touch and hold the top right corner of the screen where the temperature is and wait for a menu to pop up. Nothing came up after a minute. I also found something that said to hold the temp up and down buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds. Did that for over a minute and nothing.

I can't find any other possible solutions to this issue. It's only affecting bluetooth and Android Auto. Everything else seems to be working fine. It's just weird how it randomly happened after all this time. Nothing has been updated recently either that could cause this issue. My last phone update was August 1st and my Uconnect has said it's up to date since I got the truck.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Tonight, I ran into a new issue after having my truck for over a year. It is a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic SLT 3.6L with the 8.4" Uconnect head unit. It has been working fine up until today when my phone lost connection with the unit. It started while I was parked. Music was playing through wired Android Auto. The cable has always been plugged into the same USB in the arm rest since the day I got the truck with no issues other than having to buy a new cable once. Out of nowhere, my phone disconnected and a few seconds later, my display had a message to connect a supported device. Along with this issue, my phone will charge for a few seconds, stop, charge for a few seconds, stop, and so on.

Steps I tried to resolve the issue:
- Tried a different cable
- Tried the other USB port
- Turned the truck off for about 20 minutes then back on
- Restarted my phone
- Unlink and relink my phone to Uconnect

I attempted to do a reset by holding the volume and tuning buttons simultaneously as found online but after over a minute, nothing happened. I found a video another video that showed I should touch and hold the top right corner of the screen where the temperature is and wait for a menu to pop up. Nothing came up after a minute. I also found something that said to hold the temp up and down buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds. Did that for over a minute and nothing.

I can't find any other possible solutions to this issue. It's only affecting bluetooth and Android Auto. Everything else seems to be working fine. It's just weird how it randomly happened after all this time. Nothing has been updated recently either that could cause this issue. My last phone update was August 1st and my Uconnect has said it's up to date since I got the truck.
It's common. Do you know what firmware you are on?

OP
OP
R

rjohnson7581

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry for the delay, not sure where to find the firmware version. In my settings, my only option is System Information then Software License. I attached a photo of what it shows there. Nothing else in settings under System Information. The next day, I was able to get it to work again but it does disconnect and reconnect often with the cable plugged in.

20230915_210601.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sorry for the delay, not sure where to find the firmware version. In my settings, my only option is System Information then Software License. I attached a photo of what it shows there. Nothing else in settings under System Information. The next day, I was able to get it to work again but it does disconnect and reconnect often with the cable plugged in.

View attachment 528368
To get to the hidden menu, you have to hold the defrost, temp up and temp down buttons simultaneously for 15 seconds.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I just experienced the same thing on the night of the 12th. I did some other phone recent updates so I assumed it was the phone.
So I checked my phone and it was due for a Security Software update. So I did the update. I went through the phone and checked other things like settings .
Later that night I tried it and worked fine. I did nothing on the truck's Uconnect radio. It was my phone causing the disconnects.

This is where I did the update in settings on my S23.
Screenshot_20230916_164119_Settings.jpg

mtandre21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did anyone find the fix for this issue. It happens whether im connected with or without the cable

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did anyone find the fix for this issue. It happens whether im connected with or without the cable

I've had the experience many times and I always find the solution in my phone.

Check permissions for the Uconnect Bluetooth options on your phone and I've also had to update the Android Auto App on my phone to restore it's functionality.

Very regularly, my text app won't connect wirelessly to the Uconnect Phone messages and I have to toggle the Uconnect Bluetooth connection on the phone, sometimes more than once.

Update: Maybe, I should ask, exactly which issue is giving you grief. Android Auto or keeping your phone synced to Uconnect or both?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357