Updated cabin vent (exhauster)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jas34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's been mentioned in a previous thread, but thought I'd put up a couple of pics of the newest version of the cabin vents behind the rear seat that tend to leak and leave water in the floor of the under seat storage.

First pic is the outside. The new one has a rigid plastic flange outside of the seal. The old ones just had a wide loose seal held against the body by the clips inside.

Second pic is the inside. The new one has a kind of double seal (folded) between the plastic flange on the outside and the body, compressed by the clips.

Hopefully the new ones will do a better job sealing than the ones I took out. Also, be careful if ordering from a place like Amazon. I put the new part # into a search and got to what looked like in the pic was the old version. I got these from World Parts.

Attachments

• IMG_20240116_125914027_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240116_125914027_HDR.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20240116_125932182_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240116_125932182_HDR.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20240116_131536030.jpg
    IMG_20240116_131536030.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 45

Ramulus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco
It's been mentioned in a previous thread, but thought I'd put up a couple of pics of the newest version of the cabin vents behind the rear seat that tend to leak and leave water in the floor of the under seat storage.

First pic is the outside. The new one has a rigid plastic flange outside of the seal. The old ones just had a wide loose seal held against the body by the clips inside.

Second pic is the inside. The new one has a kind of double seal (folded) between the plastic flange on the outside and the body, compressed by the clips.

Hopefully the new ones will do a better job sealing than the ones I took out. Also, be careful if ordering from a place like Amazon. I put the new part # into a search and got to what looked like in the pic was the old version. I got these from World Parts.

Is rear seat removal needed to install? I need to update mine on my 2016.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I just replaced mine on 1/27. I already had the seat mod to allow the seat back to unlatch from the back wall. Just remove the 3 car seat tethers, 2 bolts on the shoulder strap and 3 push pins. The rear wall card comes out.
My originals had many flaps missing. Pulled out through the opening. The new ones are a bit thicker and were a bit difficult to push through the hole but in they went! The whole job was about 1/2 hour. If it was warmer the new exhausters might have been easier to install. I did not expect the originals to be in such bad condition. I had been getting condensation on the windshield for a while. Hope this fixes it.
No pics.. pretty much same as above. Got mine at allmoparparts.com for about $23 shipped.