Upgraded Cluster LED Parking Brake out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LukeWisz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alpha OBD Brake Light Out Issue

2017 Ram 1500
Back in 2018 I put in LEDs for Low Beam, Fog, Turn, Brake, Reverse, 3rd Brake. At this time you needed resistors for no issues to arise. Now they sell them without all the splicing. Everything worked great last few years.
The only light that does not have a resistor set up is the 3rd brake light but that never set off my small cluster.

Fast forward. Last week I upgraded my cluster to the 7inch and now it says the parking lights are out. I have alpha OBD and used it to change all the lights to LEDs. Still says that the parking lights are out.

All the lights are working.

I did do each one that I have in Alpha at a time and let cool down for the 5 min intervals.

My question is do I need to remove the resistors now for the system to like it?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This should be a post in the 4th gen forum, however, yes. If you've set Alfa to LED for all the lights you want to remove any resistors or "canbus modules" as they'll just cause issues. Played this game with my 4th gen before I got everything changed in Alfa and then went and had to remove all my resistor packs. At the end of the day its so much cleaner, but you'll need to clean things up if you have things set to LED.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357