Upgraded to power tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I have just finished the upgrade to the power fold tow mirrors. Went with the trail ridge mirrors, new door modules and support brackets and hit the vendor codes with the Alpha OBD. Everything seems to be working. My one question if anyone knows would be concerning the turn signal lights on the mirror. Are they supposed to come on when the lights are on or do they only function as turn signals. all else is good and I am just wondering if I missed something or I am done.

thanks for any help.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have just finished the upgrade to the power fold tow mirrors. Went with the trail ridge mirrors, new door modules and support brackets and hit the vendor codes with the Alpha OBD. Everything seems to be working. My one question if anyone knows would be concerning the turn signal lights on the mirror. Are they supposed to come on when the lights are on or do they only function as turn signals. all else is good and I am just wondering if I missed something or I am done.

thanks for any help.
No they are only supposed to come on when you have your blinker or you open the door unfortunately the mirrors do not act as running lights.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins

thanks for any help.

If you don't mind me asking how much did the conversion cost in total? Been thinking of doing this but the cost of the Infotainment kit at $1700 is way too much.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just ordered the kit, thank you for the link.

You are very welcome! I ordered it a few months ago and havent got around to installing yet but looks easy

OP
OP
M

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
If you don't mind me asking how much did the conversion cost in total? Been thinking of doing this but the cost of the Infotainment kit at $1700 is way too much.
Thanks for all the answers and for your question.

Mirrors from 1Aauto - Trailridge - 400.
Driver door module - used - 69
Passenger door module - used -39
Door switch - used - 28
Support brackets - 38 new - This was just for the brackets. I have a rivnut gun and bolts so I did not have to purchase these separate.

Alpha OBD - believe it was 49
Bluetoth module 79 same one that is recommended on Amazon

OP
OP
M

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Add another 20.00$ thanks to RAMM 5.7 because I will probably order the harness also.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for all the answers and for your question.

Mirrors from 1Aauto - Trailridge - 400.
Driver door module - used - 69
Passenger door module - used -39
Door switch - used - 28
Support brackets - 38 new - This was just for the brackets. I have a rivnut gun and bolts so I did not have to purchase these separate.

Alpha OBD - believe it was 49
Bluetoth module 79 same one that is recommended on Amazon

Thanks! So i'm guessing around $700 with all new, don't need the brackets as I have tow mirrors now and already have Alpha OBD

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yeah....those look sharp in your pictuuuu.......oh wait.....:anitoof:

ramtaz64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So am I reading this correct that you were able to add sales codes to your truck without taking it to the dealer? There have been a few things I wanted to do but did not want to spend the money at the dealer to add codes.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So am I reading this correct that you were able to add sales codes to your truck without taking it to the dealer? There have been a few things I wanted to do but did not want to spend the money at the dealer to add codes.

Yes via software called Alpha OBD. Visit the DIY section / Alpha OBD thread

ramtaz64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Holy crap.. thanks for the tip.... Gonna be ordering this stuff tomorrow. I have to assume it can be used to work on other types of vehicles also?

katywoodworker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Mine has power fold mirrors but wanted to add the tow mirrors from Trail Ridge. What would be required to add those mirrors? thanks

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Mine has power fold mirrors but wanted to add the tow mirrors from Trail Ridge. What would be required to add those mirrors? thanks
Same here. My new 2500 has power folding mirrors but I want to swap them for the A1 power folding tow mirrors. Since mine are already power folding with puddle lights I think I just need the 2 mirrors?

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Same here. My new 2500 has power folding mirrors but I want to swap them for the A1 power folding tow mirrors. Since mine are already power folding with puddle lights I think I just need the 2 mirrors?
Yep! my 2500 came with regular power fold, ordered the trail ridge tow mirrors and everything works.

UKreject

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Are the mirrors heated? I need heated mirrors in Wisconsin. I’m still very pissed off with Ram about this issue.

wobly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just order them from 1AAuto and install. They will work. The only thing that you will need to check is the correct movement of the mirror when it is flipped up.