Upper Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Proby34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Need some advice. I put the Bilstein leveling kit on my 2014 1500 Sport and now my UCA are shot. They are grinding and sound horrible. I didn’t think it was a problem or was told it wouldnt be with the leveling kit, but apparently the 2014 UCA are different and don’t like the angles I’ve been told. I need to replace them and don’t know what set is best, preferably ones that are under 600 as a set. TIA!!

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need some advice. I put the Bilstein leveling kit on my 2014 1500 Sport and now my UCA are shot. They are grinding and sound horrible. I didn’t think it was a problem or was told it wouldnt be with the leveling kit, but apparently the 2014 UCA are different and don’t like the angles I’ve been told. I need to replace them and don’t know what set is best, preferably ones that are under 600 as a set. TIA!!
To the best of my knowledge the 2014 UCAs are the same as the other 4th gen model years. When you say they are grinding do you mean the ball joint on the stock UCA is shot because of the increased angle or the rubber bushings are worn out? If you installed Bilstein 5100’s on the 2.8 setting that will increase your CV angles and you may want to look into UCAs that compensate for that. Worn CVs aren’t cheap so you can prolong their life with the correct UCA. You could also drop the Bils down to the 2.1 setting and go with a standard replacement UCA. The OEM UCAs are kinda cheap especially the ball joint. Most aftermarket UCAs with a replaceable ball joint are an improvement over OEM.

OP
OP
P

Proby34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
To the best of my knowledge the 2014 UCAs are the same as the other 4th gen model years. When you say they are grinding do you mean the ball joint on the stock UCA is shot because of the increased angle or the rubber bushings are worn out? If you installed Bilstein 5100’s on the 2.8 setting that will increase your CV angles and you may want to look into UCAs that compensate for that. Worn CVs aren’t cheap so you can prolong their life with the correct UCA. You could also drop the Bils down to the 2.1 setting and go with a standard replacement UCA. The OEM UCAs are kinda cheap especially the ball joint. Most aftermarket UCAs with a replaceable ball joint are an improvement over OEM.
They are set to 2.1. And the ball joint itself is grinding. From what ive seen the angle is just too much. Ive looked at the ball joint and its exposed and really bad. I just want something durable that will last. It wasnt too long after the leveling kit that the ball joint was shot.

OP
OP
P

Proby34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Trying to decide between Zone Offroad and Freedom Offroad

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are set to 2.1. And the ball joint itself is grinding. From what ive seen the angle is just too much. Ive looked at the ball joint and its exposed and really bad. I just want something durable that will last. It wasnt too long after the leveling kit that the ball joint was shot.
Oh good you’ll have more affordable options with standard UCAs. When I did my Bilsteins back in 2019 I replaced the stock UCAs with Mevotechs. They are nothing fancy but they are drop forged steel with a fully serviceable ball joint that is replaceable. They are also very affordable. No complaints after five years of use but I don’t do any real off road stuff, only fire roads, logging roads and rutted dirt roads when I go hiking.

OP
OP
P

Proby34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Oh good you’ll have more affordable options with standard UCAs. When I did my Bilsteins back in 2019 I replaced the stock UCAs with Mevotechs. They are nothing fancy but they are drop forged steel with a fully serviceable ball joint that is replaceable. They are also very affordable. No complaints after five years of use but I don’t do any real off road stuff, only fire roads, logging roads and rutted dirt roads when I go hiking.
For sure! Just don’t wanna break the bank for something that I thought I wouldn’t need. I don’t off-road either, just saw those are good options.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For sure! Just don’t wanna break the bank for something that I thought I wouldn’t need. I don’t off-road either, just saw those are good options.
I highly recommend them. I don’t even have the fancy TTX model just the basic “supreme” model. I grease the ball joint every 4 or 5 oil changes. They have been flawless since 2019 and while I don’t live in the rust belt they have zero surface rust.

OP
OP
P

Proby34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I highly recommend them. I don’t even have the fancy TTX model just the basic “supreme” model. I grease the ball joint every 4 or 5 oil changes. They have been flawless since 2019 and while I don’t live in the rust belt they have zero surface rust.
Nice! Thanks for all the info!