used the wrong brake controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slowpokie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi. Can someone tell me how to fix my screw up? I put a used 2014 Ram 1500 Trailer Brake Controller (Quest) in a 2020 Ram 1500 classic. I didn't notice anything wrong until I was told my left brake light stayed on. I unplugged the Trailer Brake Controller, and the brake light went out, but now there is no brake lights at all now, and there is also no power at the brake pedal sensor. I have all kinds of codes popping up. Can anyone tell me what I scdrewed up and how to fix it? Thanks confused

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
You can try to disconnect the battery, wait a while, and say a prayer.

If that’s unsuccessful you’ll want a dealer or a good shop with a professional grade bidirectional scanner and someone who knows how to use it.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Assuming you programed the brake controller with Alfa or JScan? Revert the truck back to stock settings and see of that fixes it.

OP
OP
S

Slowpokie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi. Can someone tell me how to fix my screw up? I put a used 2014 Ram 1500 Trailer Brake Controller (Quest) in a 2020 Ram 1500 classic. I didn't notice anything wrong until I was told my left brake light stayed on. I unplugged the Trailer Brake Controller, and the brake light went out, but now there is no brake lights at all now, and there is also no power at the brake pedal sensor. I have all kinds of codes popping up. Can anyone tell me what I scdrewed up and how to fix it? Thanks confused
I unplugged a lot of connections then plugged them back in my shifter work again, so does my brake lights. check engine light went off. still have ABS light and traction lights on. along with a list of codes U1110 U1120 U11BC U11E9 U12A8 Po57C U11BF Uo100 U0121 most say current or permanent. . Thanks Still tying

dkbinco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a similar issue when the constant 12 v power prong was on that circuit somehow changing the 7 blade connectors. I am sure you have figured it out by now, I am having a hell of a time with this controller, I have 12 v to power and 12 v on light when I push slyde or depress brake peddle, but not getting anything on feed to elec brakes, sometimes an intermittent 7 v on disconnected blue wire out of controller, but no red led.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'd verify the brake controller from the 2024 is compatible with the 2020. RAM had several versions over the years. You can use one of the many Mopar sites to find the part numbers for both years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357