v-6 EcoDiesel to go in a Ram 1500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If we are to believe the statements of Fred Diaz, President and CEO — Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico, then the 2014 Ram 1500 diesel will definitely have more than the Grand Cherokee's 420 lb/ft. He is quoted by the Examiner (2014 Ram 1500 to reach for 30 mpg with new EcoDiesel power train - National Auto Reviews | Examiner.com) as saying:

“The Ram 1500 with 3.0-liter V-6 turbo EcoDiesel and TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission will deliver on the demands of truckers by providing best-in-class torque, fuel economy and range. There’s no doubt that being the only truck manufacturer to offer this game changing technology will provide Ram with a competitive advantage.”

Unless I'm mistaken, he is saying that the Ram will have more torque than the 434 lb/ft offered in the Ford 1/2 ton 6.2l engine.

TurboRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
-
Engine
-
Although it will be a v-6 diesel, I bet a muffler delete kit would make it sound pretty good.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If this hits the 30 MPG mark, it would be a great 'upgrade' for me.
If it's only in the mid 20s, it just wouldn't do it for me.

I'm somewhat afraid of all the emissions it could be burdened with. That being said, I've yet to read any horror stories about it in the Grand Cherokee.

I'll be interested to see how this all plays out, and certainly interested to go drive one.