Vent hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbn1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9L
I’ve got a 1999 5.9L 2500 that’s needing a vent line for the gas tank. I’ve seen a thread with the part number but the part is discontinued and can’t find it anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions that will solve my issue

Attachments

• IMG_3531.jpeg
    IMG_3531.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 11

brian42

Military
Reaction score
If it has been discontinued you can try carparts.com to see if there's a used one available, check local junk yards, or buy some fuel-rated hose of that size and cut your own. With minimal bends you should be able to "fabricate" your own hose.

I had that issue with my 2003 Ford F-250. Once a system/vehicle generation has been out of production for so long parts, especially new ones, are hard to come by.

You will only get so much help from the 5th gen forum as many of us have not had a 2nd gen HD truck. I recommend posting in a forum specific to your truck and you might get some better recommendations from those that have/had one.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best case: As jbn1 stated in his post: You have the piece and know the dimensions of both ends, Go to a good auto parts store and get same dimensioned fuel rated hose, and just install. Chances of finding a Vent line on a 1999, well, U know. And using pick a part to pull a piece of rubber been sitting out in the elements over 20 years, I would be wary of that part. But OP, do as U see fit.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
You'd be surprised at how well some hoses hold up over the years when protected from the elements, especially unpressurized (vent line with no fluid or pressure).

If you can't make your own it would be better than the one you have with a big hole in it. ;)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat