Vinyl wrapping my bumpers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L V6
I just picked up a 2021 ram 2500 a few weeks back and I have chrome bumpers and grille. I was looking to wrap the bumpers and grille portions. My truck is crystal metallic black. Anyone know what the closest matching wrap would be for that?

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking to wrap my 2008s bumpers, although the truck is not black. There are multiples of black vinyl, that look different inside a building and out in the sun. IE, flat black looks light gray in sun at a distance.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I would think the supplier could provide samples to ensure you purchase what works best.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Not sure a wrap will match. At least, it's going to stick out like a sore thumb. The vinyl doesn't have the same level of gloss that paint does.

I'm getting my bumpers and mirrors painted to match. Getting the grill painted black and the RAM letters painted red to match. I'll probably plasti-dip all the other little chrome bits.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure a wrap will match. At least, it's going to stick out like a sore thumb. The vinyl doesn't have the same level of gloss that paint does.

I'm getting my bumpers and mirrors painted to match. Getting the grill painted black and the RAM letters painted red to match. I'll probably plasti-dip all the other little chrome bits.

I had mine painted to match as well. I did my grill gloss white plasti dip and it is really close.

MickeyGreene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had mine painted to match as well. I did my grill gloss white plasti dip and it is really close.

What are your thoughts on the glossifier? I’ve heard mixed reviews with some people just saying it makes it sticky/tacky. I’m sure it’s all in the application - but I’ve leaned toward vinyl wrap in the past like OP based on some of these concerns. Would appreciate your thoughts and may help solve OPs issue, as dip comes in a bunch of colors now and glossifier is an add on anyway!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What are your thoughts on the glossifier? I’ve heard mixed reviews with some people just saying it makes it sticky/tacky. I’m sure it’s all in the application - but I’ve leaned toward vinyl wrap in the past like OP based on some of these concerns. Would appreciate your thoughts and may help solve OPs issue, as dip comes in a bunch of colors now and glossifier is an add on anyway!

I did 8 coats of gloss white and then 2 coats of glossifier on my grill. Its plasti dip, so you have to be easy with it. I hand wash the truck, but as far as sticky or tacky I don't think it is. Wrap would be better IMO, but the cost vs Plasti dip was why I went that route.

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.39.59 PM.png