Volant headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wickedwhite2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have heard today the Volant was making some long tubes for are 4th gen trucks. Who can confirm that??

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i know vararam are making them and should be out soon.

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ridiculous right? sure it's nice to have a stainless option sure. but jeez...when's pacesetter or even ****** going to do something?

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
ridiculous right? sure it's nice to have a stainless option sure. but jeez...when's pacesetter or even ****** going to do something?

i know they've had since 2009 to start fabricating something.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I have contacted Pacesetter numerous times about this, and they kept blowing me off like they could care less. I don't know if they have given up on the Dodge trucks or if they just don't see the potential market they have in front of them. In the meantine, the ARH have been a proven top performer, and I am excited to see what the Vararam headers put out on the dyno this week.

HOTRODHARLEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

It's not just that they are stainless. They are a much better design than all the cheapie's like ****** and Pacesetter and OBX. They use heavy hand ported machined flanges. They have proven merge collectors that are worth power. And they're professionally hand made and TIG welded.

You get what you pay for. You want cheap..?? You get cheap..!!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
It's not just that they are stainless. They are a much better design than all the cheapie's like ****** and Pacesetter and OBX. They use heavy hand ported machined flanges. They have proven merge collectors that are worth power. And there professionally hand made and TIG welded.

I agree. Something that also gets overlooked often is that these more expensive kits are complete from the Headers to the muffler. The cheaper kits require you to extend your o2 sensors yourself whereas the better kits come with plug-n-play extensions. The cheaper kits do not come with high flow cats whereas the better kits come with quality high flow cats already welded into the new Y-pipe. Cheaper kits come with cheap guillotine style clamps whereas the better kits come with stainless band clamps. If you were to try to piece all these parts together even with a cheaper mild steel header, you would still be in the $1000 price range without the quality of the nicer kits. I can completely understand that these may be out of the price range for some, but I learned long ago that it is better to save up longer to buy the correct parts, then to go cheap up front and end up replacing them down the road anyways with the better parts. I made that mistake many times on my 03 and threw a lot of money in the trash because of it.

There is not a cheap header available yet for the 4th gens to compare to, so I will use my 03 for this. I gained 18hp/18tq with my Pacesetter longtubes with Pacesetter Y-pipe...no cats and no muffler. I have 2 customers now with similar mods that went with the ARH headers on their 3rd gens. 1 gained 26hp/28tq and the other gained 25hp/29tq and these guys were both going through cats and through a muffler. This means that the ARH setup made an easy 15-18hp/tq over what I gained from The Pacesetters. Bang for buck, they are not a bad upgrade at all, but they just do not compare to a quality kit like the ARH.

I'm hoping that the Vararam set that is about to release will show similar gains. They looked great in person the other day, so I don't see any reason why they wont perform just as well.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
It's not just that they are stainless. They are a much better design than all the cheapie's like ****** and Pacesetter and OBX. They use heavy hand ported machined flanges. They have proven merge collectors that are worth power. And they're professionally hand made and TIG welded.

You get what you pay for. You want cheap..?? You get cheap..!!

That maybe so,, but they cost more than any LT's ever made for any car/truck. It's nuts. There's no reason for them to cost $1600...

15-18hp+ like hemi450 said is great but I can find that with $1000 I will save if they made some pacesetters

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sold the SRT 10 because every mod was so expensive. And it got 9 MPG. Now I got hemi and the headers are still 15 bones.

HOTRODHARLEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That maybe so,, but they cost more than any LT's ever made for any car/truck. It's nuts. There's no reason for them to cost $1600...

15-18hp+ like hemi450 said is great but I can find that with $1000 I will save if they made some pacesetters

If you like doing things half assed go right ahead. If you can save up $1000 you can save $1500 and do it right. Really tired of people wanting something for nothing on here..! If you can build them cheaper and turn a better profit then go for it.

Guys who spend $40,000 plus on a truck who complain about a measly $1500 don't deserve a $40,000 plus truck. And those are the same people who complain our trucks are too expensive and not good enough but still buy them.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you like doing things half assed go right ahead. If you can save up $1000 you can save $1500 and do it right. Really tired of people wanting something for nothing on here..! If you can build them cheaper and turn a better profit then go for it.

Guys who spend $40,000 plus on a truck who complain about a measly $1500 don't deserve a $40,000 plus truck. And those are the same people who complain our trucks are too expensive and not good enough but still buy them.

I wouldn't call spending $1000 on headers half ass. It's like im taking the stock manifolds off and getting them ported..lol

I know the saying you get what you pay and maybe Im a little used to spending less on mods for my 15 year old grand prix.

btw. I didnt spend 40K on my truck. Not even close. I aint a baller like you.. hahaah

HOTRODHARLEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I wouldn't call spending $1000 on headers half ass. It's like im taking the stock manifolds off and getting them ported..lol

I know the saying you get what you pay and maybe Im a little used to spending less on mods for my 15 year old grand prix.

btw. I didnt spend 40K on my truck. Not even close. I aint a baller like you.. hahaah

Too many projects soaking up your funds sounds like it... And I didn't even spend 25k on my truck.

My point is everyone acts like we're being ripped off. Having done many exhaust systems and TIG work and custom design and fab work I know how much work they take and APPRECIATE it. Those systems are worth every bit of $1500 plus and then some.

I get headers built sometimes from a small company that's very reasonable and does amazing work and JUST the headers run around $2000. And I have no complaints with that. Mind you I'm spending customers money. Haha. If it were my money I still wouldn't complain because they are works of art..!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Too many projects soaking up your funds sounds like it... And I didn't even spend 25k on my truck.

My point is everyone acts like we're being ripped off. Having done many exhaust systems and TIG work and custom design and fab work I know how much work they take and APPRECIATE it. Those systems are worth every bit of $1500 plus and then some.

I get headers built sometimes from a small company that's very reasonable and does amazing work and JUST the headers run around $2000. And I have no complaints with that. Mind you I'm spending customers money. Haha. If it were my money I still wouldn't complain because they are works of art..!

No ones said anything about getting ripped off. They have very good reviews on the G8bored, but at the same time there are LTs for $100s less that are just as good. I think I make up that little HP gained from the ARH's on something else. Just saying..

I'm not discounting there quality

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed Pacesetters and their off road y-pipe on my buddies 04. Side by side to my ARH kit, I'd go ARH again any day. The quality, design, materials used, and accessories all make it very worth it.