Warlock Bilstein 5100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CristiannaF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 21 Warlock and have been reading tons of forums but would like some help. I understand the warlocks come with a 1" factory lift so setting the Bilstein 5100s at 2.8" should achieve the correct level. I see some things about replacing upper control arms over certain heights so would I be required to for this? Also, does anyone know good sites to buy both of these off of? I see lots of sites selling bilsteins that adjust to 2.75 and not 2.8 so I want to make sure I am buying the correct ones. This is my first time modifying a ram so I want to do it correctly.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Welcome to the Forum.

Benny is our go to-guy, on parts. :waytogo:

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Over 2” is the general rule for UCAs, so yes you need them. JBA makes a good set of those. The 2.75 vs 2.8 is just some people rounding the 0.05 and other not, it’s the same part #. Not the most reputable site you’ll find, but I got my bils from suspensionlifts.com for well cheaper then anywhere else, delivered quick and I don’t *think* they’re knockoffs or nothin… lol

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I messaged you back with info but I will post here too for other Warlock owners to see.

so the problem is that 2.5" level is too much lift for your Warlock. A basic RAM can only be lifted in the front to 2" without changing anything else and can be lifted up to 3" with angle correcting UCA's. after 3" you need to upgrade many more parts. Where the problem came in for you is the Warlock is lifted 1" over factory. So that 2.5" level kit gave it 3.5" over what a basic 1500. The most you can lift it is, 2" and that would be with UCA's. You can only lift 1" with factory UCA's.

Hope that makes sense, if anything needs more detail for clarification please let me know.

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I messaged you back with info but I will post here too for other Warlock owners to see.

so the problem is that 2.5" level is too much lift for your Warlock. A basic RAM can only be lifted in the front to 2" without changing anything else and can be lifted up to 3" with angle correcting UCA's. after 3" you need to upgrade many more parts. Where the problem came in for you is the Warlock is lifted 1" over factory. So that 2.5" level kit gave it 3.5" over what a basic 1500. The most you can lift it is, 2" and that would be with UCA's. You can only lift 1" with factory UCA's.

Hope that makes sense, if anything needs more detail for clarification please let me know.
Bils at 2.8 won’t lift it 2.8 over the warlocks stock height. Since they replace the factory strut (which is the means of the 1” lift) it is not added on top of the 1” but rather the 1” is subtracted from the listed bilstein height. So OP would only get about 1.8” higher then he is which should pretty well level it out, and will be 2.8 higher then a normal stock ram. And thus will be completely fine with just a set of angle correcting UCAs

Now if someone were to attempt a 2.5 spacer lift on top of the factory struts, what you explained would apply.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bils at 2.8 won’t lift it 2.8 over the warlocks stock height. Since they replace the factory strut (which is the means of the 1” lift) it is not added on top of the 1” but rather the 1” is subtracted from the listed bilstein height. So OP would only get about 1.8” higher then he is which should pretty well level it out, and will be 2.8 higher then a normal stock ram. And thus will be completely fine with just a set of angle correcting UCAs

Now if someone were to attempt a 2.5 spacer lift on top of the factory struts, what you explained would apply.
You are correct about about the bilstein. He previously installed the 2.5 puck and that is what caused CV issues. As that 2.5" was coupled with the Warlock stock lift

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are correct about about the bilstein. He previously installed the 2.5 puck and that is what caused CV issues. As that 2.5" was coupled with the Warlock stock lift
Ah, that must have been in a pm since this thread doesn’t mention anything about that

Scully311

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed the 5100's at the 2.1" setting which still give the truck a bit of rake. Probably could have gone to 2.8" and still might, we'll see how this grows on me.

Attachments

• 20230705_130442.jpg
    20230705_130442.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 42

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah, that must have been in a pm since this thread doesn’t mention anything about that

Sorry I should of included that it was mentioned in my post so it was more clear. The 2.5 spacer and the Warlock lift was way too much lift up front, CVs were screaming

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It looks great! I have a Warlock also. I’d like to see one at the 1.4 setting to see how that looks. That’s probably where I’m gonna set mine at when I get them!

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It looks great! I have a Warlock also. I’d like to see one at the 1.4 setting to see how that looks. That’s probably where I’m gonna set mine at when I get them!
I think you missed the logic in the discussion. When you move to Bilsteins, the height difference between a Warlock/Rebel and all other 1500’s is negated. The oem strut that gave you a 1” advantage goes in the trash. All 1500 models use the same model Bilstein strut. So your Warlock’s Bilsteins at 1.4 would give you 0.4” lift over the way it sits now.

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I was told by the dealer the front isn’t even truly 1” it’s more like .7

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I was told by the dealer the front isn’t even truly 1” it’s more like .7
Technically yes but it really depends. Rams are super inconsistent with ride heights. Mine was closer to a full inch.

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would like to see the original posters truck on different views. I don’t want a nose up looking higher than rear of truck. I’m not saying his is just different angles you’d have better views.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would like to see the original posters truck on different views. I don’t want a nose up looking higher than rear of truck. I’m not saying his is just different angles you’d have better views.
This is my truck, it’s an outdoorsman but has the exact same suspension as a warlock. Bils at 2.8 with JBA UCAs in the front, rear is stock. Netted just under 2” lift. I was expecting nose high but it’s actually very well leveled and does not appear nose high at all. I’ll still be adding spacers to the rear since I haul and tow and need some rake.

If you don’t want to mess the rear suspension at all I would do one notch down from the highest setting. And I highly reccomend the JBA upper control arms

IMG_8120.jpeg

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your truck looks good! Maybe it has something to do with the Warlock bumper that makes it look nose high.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When my truck had Bilsteins set at 2.1, it was perfectly leveled. Enough so I added 1” coil spacers to give a bit of rake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357