Waxing Granite Crystal Metallic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Not A Cop

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am providing factual proof yet this "Pro" who has supposedly spent weeks and months in the shops and in the plants doesn't understand that the names change according to the make of the vehicle even though they were still under chrysler ...

A lot of people trip out on my Ram's delmonico red, they see it at night and they notice the hues that other delmonico red rams don't have ... my truck will look purple under certain light especially at night lol ..

I had a paint shop mix up some paint for me but it was only the "conventional" base coat, took it to the guy who was going to paint my bumpers and he said I needed a tri coat which was not included ... he said he could spray the last layer with what he had but couldn't guarantee it would match my rams color so I took the paint back ...

On this delmonico if you cut too much during a paint correction you can actually see the differences if you don't do it it evenly on every panel which is probably why they "confuse" waxing with paint correction ... a heavy cut will end up removing that last layer of "clear coat" and ends up getting into the "mid coat" which is a different shade of the basecoat and you end up with uneven spots ...

Anyways, he says velvet red is not delmonico red but it actually is the same paint code just different name depending on the years it was sprayed and on the vehicle make ...

But hey what do I know right? I didn't spend weeks and months in these shops and plants LMAO !!

:fca5278e:
I hear you, bro. I wish a dealership would advice me not to wax lmao. Does it have paint? Clearcoat, too? Watch me wax it, homie. I've been doing corrections a detailing for long enough to know that there a very few instances where you would want to change your paint maintenance, but you definitely paid a lot of money for this to be a thing. But what do we know. wE aInT tHe dEaLeRsHiP

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dangit! I want one of those no wax paint colors! I’d gladly spend more for the no wax paint option. LOL

thattxguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2020 Maximum Steel Metallic, I use F11 on the truck. It is easy to use and gives the truck a nice slick finish, which makes it easier to keep clean.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My 2500 is granite. It’s real shiny and peerty..

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Question for all you detailing pros out there. When I bought my Granite Crystal Metallic 1500 back in December, I was told by the sales person that you shouldn't wax this particular color. I have found NOTHING online to back up this claim and my BS meter says he's full of it. Anyone else heard this before?

Words from a 73 year old gear head: Almost all sales people, especially today, know about as much about the product they are trying to sell as my grand dogs. They will tell you anything.

Unfortunately, I have often found that the techs and service writers are not much better.

pbzzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 45+ years of paint work experience - Don't wax until at least 90 days after the paint was shot .