Weird LED lighting issues all of a sudden?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed all LED lighting on my 18' 1500 Ram about a year ago. Alpharex headlights, Spider tails, Putco Tailgate BLADE and diode dynamic license plate lights, cargo lights and interior lights. All have wprked fine with no code issues and no issues at all till recently....

About a month ago one license plate light started to flicker and strobe. No biggie. Then one of the interior lights started to a week later. Then another interior light. Then the Putco Blade which has white, red and amber (turn signals) lights up white instead of red when you unlock the doors (its supposed to do what the tail lights do). It should only be white in reverse. Now it's white when the headlights are on. The blade is installed 100% plug in using the trailer wire adapter. No wire splices.

Seems awfully weird all these LED issues are popping up within a month of each other. Could this be an indicator of some other electrical issue? Is something frying my LED's? The truck has 92k miles. No other issues ever. Original battery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca