What about this truck? Going to look at it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
What do tall think? It seems like a good dealImageUploadedByTapatalk1396189267.830437.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396189275.430323.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396189282.730197.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396189290.979588.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396189296.346520.jpg

1997 dodge ram 1500 automatic transmission title : clean
I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 V8 4x4 single cab Mach 3 edition truck. SELLING AS IS has high miles.

Needs some tlc.

Just put a tire on the stock rim and replaced it with the spare so there is 4 matching rims on the truck and a functioning spare tire(not shown in pics).

last year i did ball joints, sway bar links, wheel hubs and tie rod ends, shocks are about two years old as well as the battery, did a water pump two years ago too as well as a new timing belt and a tune up (spark plugs, air filter, wires, cap, rotor), i also replaced the fuel pump last year, and i constantly keep up with the maintenance on the truck, i change the oil every 3000 miles and grease all the fittings.

the transmission was rebuilt at 140,000 miles.

i replaced all the vacuum lines and fixed the 4 wheel drive module about 3 years ago.
I also replaced all the stock speakers and stereo has a pioneer head unit with 5 1/4 kickers in the rear and 6x9 Sony xplodes in the door with infinity tweeters doesn't blow your mind but every one needs tunes.

bought an ext cab truck so no longer need this old bird she still runs like a top i start her once a week that 5.9 magnum 360hp engine still has allot of life left in it, never gets stuck in the snow or mud and hauls like no other truck i've ever owned.

with stock 265/75/16 suv tires on it gets close to 15 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
If your buying it as a project, knowing that your going to have to completely rebuild everything then yes it would be a great base for a badass build.
If your buying this as your daily driver and you don't have anything else to driver and this is your last dollar, and rent is due next week. Pass on by.
I didn't see a price?

OP
OP
D

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
If your buying it as a project, knowing that your going to have to completely rebuild everything then yes it would be a great base for a badass build.
If your buying this as your daily driver and you don't have anything else to driver and this is your last dollar, and rent is due next week. Pass on by.
I didn't see a price?

Why is it a project?? This would be my only car. My first car. He wants 2 I'll offer like 1700

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The truck needs some work, me personally I wouldn't put that much down to buy it, but that's just me.

Sent from the MOPAR gods!

OP
OP
D

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
The truck needs some work, me personally I wouldn't put that much down to buy it, but that's just me.

It sure needs work... but it's not worth 1800 even?? Every truck I find needs work. I don't mind a little work

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I were you, I'd have someone take a look at it before you buy it. A trusted mechanic, last thing you want to do is lay out the 1700 and then have to put in another 3k into it

OP
OP
D

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
I seriously doubt this claim.

Also, you really should be posting these in the 2nd gen forum, not here.

I doubt the claim To but it was a truck in my budget that I was gong to look at

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I'm not so sure about that rig...the entire front looks twisted, not just the fender. I'd have a serious look at it inside and out before I'd buy it...it could have some structural damage...

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'm not so sure about that rig...the entire front looks twisted, not just the fender. I'd have a serious look at it inside and out before I'd buy it...it could have some structural damage...

looks wrecked? yea that front end was weird

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I've never heard of a Mach 3 edition or have seen that bumper before
I didn't see actual mileage either

OP
OP
D

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
It was on purpose then?

Hahahaha that's funny. No he said tat it rolled into a tree when he was working on it

OP
OP
D

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
1994 dodge ram 1500 odometer: 145000 automatic transmission title : clean
I have a 94 Ram 1500 for sale with 145k miles. I bought her for a winter vehicle and now Im looking to sell for summer. I havent beat on her at all and its been fine to me. I just replaced the steering gear box recently and it got an oil change at the beginning of winter. It has a two inch lift and larger than stock tires. The tread is all good except for the front left tire which is getting low. It has a little bit of rust which I am planning to repair before it gets sold. Depending on how much gets repaired it may not pass Mass inspection due to rust or three ball joints that need to be replaced prior to. Text me with any questions, offers or more pictures. Please no low ballers as theirs no reason to its really cheap as it is.

OP
OP
D

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
What about this one then?

1994 dodge ram 1500 odometer: 145000 automatic transmission title : clean
I have a 94 Ram 1500 for sale with 145k miles. I bought her for a winter vehicle and now Im looking to sell for summer. I havent beat on her at all and its been fine to me. I just replaced the steering gear box recently and it got an oil change at the beginning of winter. It has a two inch lift and larger than stock tires. The tread is all good except for the front left tire which is getting low. It has a little bit of rust which I am planning to repair before it gets sold. Depending on how much gets repaired it may not pass Mass inspection due to rust or three ball joints that need to be replaced prior to. Text me with any questions, offers or more pictures. Please no low ballers as theirs no reason to its really cheap as it is.

Jamcousi9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
1,700 seems pretty steep.. The bumper is hanging on by a thread, there's some rot and it looks pretty weathered. I'd offer him $,1000 take it or leave it. I know it's always exciting to be that close to a purchase but if you do some looking around you can find good deals. I bought my 98 1500 from a one owner, had new tires and is dam near rust free with no issues for $2,800. Just bought a one owner 2002 2500 with 120k miles with zero rust anywhere and very very well maintained for $4,400. Stalk Craigslist day and night, drink lotsa coffee! :popcorn:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 16

Jamcousi9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
If its your first car you may want to look for a late 80's early 90's Ram, they were built better and much easier to work on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 20

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^I wouldn't say better built. They still have their annoying faults and the worst part about the 70s trucks and the first gen Rams is parts availability.

Jamcousi9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
^I wouldn't say better built. They still have their annoying faults and the worst part about the 70s trucks and the first gen Rams is parts availability.

70s trucks are hard to find let alone parts. I must say though when I lived in Arizona there were literally tons of rust free trucks to be had for next to nothing. The 80's had bad steering boxes and the oh so familiar Dana rear "hum" but other than that I can't remember much else on the gremlin list. Got that great high pitch starter sound that is music to the soul

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990