What all do you use.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tjbradney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if there is a thread for this but i figured id show what products and equipment i use for detailing cars, and now my 04 2500.

Alot of the product i use is from Chemical Guys.

Buffers
- Portor Cable 9424 (light swirl removal)
- Dewalt Rotary buffer (heavy swirls/ oxidation)

I use two just because the portor cable i noticed heats buffing pads up way to fast for my liking.

As for buffing pads.

-For the Portor cable i use various Hex logic and Other pads from chemical guys 5.5" that is
-For Dewalt i use 3m step 1 and step 2 pads (white and black ) 8" pads.

Compounds

-With portor cable i use the V line series from Chemical guys works wonders with paint
-with dewalt i use 3m step 1 and step 2 compounds

Wax

is chemical guys 3XXX carnuba hard wax have yet to use this but plan to soon i also have a cream wax i use on a very soft pad before the *** which is by hand then

Sealant and Quick detailer

Sealant is chemical guys V7 quick detailer is Extreme Slick Synthetic Detailer

tire shine is a personal thing for anyone i use their spray on which seems to work well.

as for towels any they have are perfect and i use a large drying towel shammy or anything like that just harm the paint.

Hope this helps :winner_third_h4h:

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Buffers:
Porter Cable 7424xp
Makita Rotary

Pads:
Various Foam and a Microfiber Pad for PC
3M 1,2,3 for Rotary

Product:
Shine Supply Classic Cut
Shine Supply Classic Polish
Shine Supply Cleaner Polish
Chemical Guys Extreme Depth Liquid Carnauba Creme Wax + X-Seal
Chemical Guys Factory Paint Sealant
Shine Supply "Cool Guy" Wheel Cleaner

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Great info guys, thanks for posting it.

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
Good to see another Shine Supply user on here...Im sold on their stuff....I use Classic Cut, Clasic Poilsh, Kruz NIght Glaze, and their Ride Shine Detailer and car wash....and I use a Porter Cable 9424 with Lake Country 4" CSS pads...SOLD SOLD SOLD on their stuff :)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
adams products with a porter cable

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Everyone has their own favorite--ask 12 guys you'll get 12 different answers. Do your own research and choose your own favorite. Check out autogeek and autopia for professional opinions and great product advice.
Jay

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good to see another Shine Supply user on here...Im sold on their stuff....I use Classic Cut, Clasic Poilsh, Kruz NIght Glaze, and their Ride Shine Detailer and car wash....and I use a Porter Cable 9424 with Lake Country 4" CSS pads...SOLD SOLD SOLD on their stuff :)

Absolutely, I've got a buddy who owns a detail business and he got me started using their products and I've been sold on the stuff ever since!

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
Same story here 12_Ram, I friend of mine here owns one as well and he uses only Shine Supply, he also got me using it....

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I use the Optimum poli-seal. It's like a compound, wax and sealant in one product. And it's not expensive.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too many conditions, too many different vehicles, too many wants/needs, too many products to be specific. I have large Tupperware containers with lids, stacked. Some have product for use with machines, other for products for use by hand, others full of MF towels, others for odds and end towels. I found a red metal toolbox which holds my PC7424 and Lake Country pads.
I still find product I forgot about when I work on a new vehicle haha

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a Meguiers fan. I use all their products and find they all do a great job. And you don't pay an arm and a leg for the stuff either! The pic is missing the Clay Bar I use as well.