What do you set your tire pressure to? (2500 6.4)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azeemtn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Everyone
I've had my truck a few days now and love it.
The dealer set all 4 tires at 85PSI, even though the sticker shows 60 front and 80 rear on the door.

What are you guys running your tire pressure at? I've got 18" wheels.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
45 all around for me... Bump the rears to 60-70 depending on which trailer I hook up.

OP
OP
A

azeemtn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dropped the fronts to 65 and the rears to 80. Ride got a lot better. Is there any handling issue going the same all around considering the recommendation is 60f/80r ?

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Not at all... 65/80 is waaaaay too much for these trucks. Especially unloaded. You're ride will get a lot better once you drop below 60 in the rear.
The front, remeber this, a cummins weighs way more than the Hemi, and it uses same tires and pressures. There is no need for 65psi on there.

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
@ what PSI will the tire pressure sensors give you that low pressure warning?

Mine is a Cummins and have been wondering about lowering the PSI as well. I still have them at 60 front 80 rear.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I tested my '15, and it came on at 75 rear and 60 front. So 5psi low... Some may be different or less sensitive.
When my 37's come in I'm removing them completely and doing the pipe bomb trick. I get tired of lights on the dash.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mine is set to 52 rear 58 front. I could stand to drop the rears a few more psi to get the complete tread width touching the road.

xpress ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I tested my '15, and it came on at 75 rear and 60 front. So 5psi low... Some may be different or less sensitive.
When my 37's come in I'm removing them completely and doing the pipe bomb trick. I get tired of lights on the dash.

I just installed 35'' toyo rt on my 2014 2500 just what is the pipe bomb trick tire dealer cant get light off

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
They can, they just don't want to! Lol
The pipe bomb trick is basically sealing the tpms sensors in a PVC tube with a valve stem on the end. Pressurize it to 80psi and zip tie it to the frame in the middle of the truck so the sensors can read it. The movement of the truck is usually enough to wake them up and now you have no light!
You can look it up on YouTube how to build it. I've been doing it with the Camaro/corvette crowd for years.

xpress ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They can, they just don't want to! Lol
The pipe bomb trick is basically sealing the tpms sensors in a PVC tube with a valve stem on the end. Pressurize it to 80psi and zip tie it to the frame in the middle of the truck so the sensors can read it. The movement of the truck is usually enough to wake them up and now you have no light!
You can look it up on YouTube how to build it. I've been doing it with the Camaro/corvette crowd for years.

just may have to give that go. thx

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Mine are at 60 front/72 rear. I don't get a TPMS warning at that pressure. I have not tested lower pressures to see how much wiggle room I have with the PSI settings.

webdogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Laramie Longhorn
Engine
6.4L Hemi
My front go off at 54 and under. I think the back is 70.

Tiny2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A little help with Diablo

I have a '14 2500 with the 5.7. Just did a 6" BDS lift a few months back and figured Diablo would have a hack for TPMS programming so I'd do 37's then. Unfortunately they still don't... Since this is a heavy duty truck, I haven't been able to find appealing aftermarket tires that would even come close to accommodating the kind of pressure necessary to keep that damn light off! I've enquired at the dealer and they can "tune" but are extremely reluctant. If anyone wants the freedom to set their TPMS crap please contact Diablo and request this option to become available, I'm sure I'm not alone.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a '14 2500 with the 5.7. Just did a 6" BDS lift a few months back and figured Diablo would have a hack for TPMS programming so I'd do 37's then. Unfortunately they still don't... Since this is a heavy duty truck, I haven't been able to find appealing aftermarket tires that would even come close to accommodating the kind of pressure necessary to keep that damn light off! I've enquired at the dealer and they can "tune" but are extremely reluctant. If anyone wants the freedom to set their TPMS crap please contact Diablo and request this option to become available, I'm sure I'm not alone.

When was the last time you updated your tuner? If you haven't done so recently try it today and get back to us. They were supposed to enable it a couple weeks ago.

OP
OP
A

azeemtn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm running 65/75 a at the moment. It's a plenty nice enough ride...

webdogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Laramie Longhorn
Engine
6.4L Hemi

Post some pictures of your truck. I'm trying to decide whether to go with the 6" or the 4" on mine.

Tiny2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't even purchase the tuner yet since I've been waiting for a Trinity rep to contact me when TPMS adjustment was available...still waiting, lol. Probably going to buy from Hemifever though so I have to send em and email to confirm that this info is true. First pic is stock at the dealership and the other is with the lift

Attachments

• 391.jpg
    391.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 20141226_074925[1].jpg
    20141226_074925[1].jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 80

webdogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Laramie Longhorn
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I didn't even purchase the tuner yet since I've been waiting for a Trinity rep to contact me when TPMS adjustment was available...still waiting, lol. Probably going to buy from Hemifever though so I have to send em and email to confirm that this info is true. First pic is stock at the dealership and the other is with the lift

Looks great. You'll have to post another pic once you get the 37's.