What is the best option for black bumpers/grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wanting to blackout my truck, what are the best options for blacking out my chrome grill and bumpers? I have a 2009 Dodge ram 1500 laramie, with dual exhaust and sensors on the rear bumper.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just buy a new Sport.

CDNUSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I must be hungry. I totally read the title as burgers/grill

Mmm [emoji488]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Grill paint, bumpers I don't know nothing I did worked. Plasti dip or monsta liner, pass on it. I would suggest taking to a body shop and asking. Can you powder coat chrome?

Check this out. Might have solved my own problem, glad u posted.

Preval.

Last edited:

Thewetdream

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can powder coat bumpers they need to be prepped with some sort of acid wash I believe ........ I just traded in my 2012 and bought a black express thought it was easier lol...... I'd take the grill to a body shop and have it sprayed

Thewetdream

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Orion are those westin steps.....we have the same color truck and ill be lifting mine soon I think I'm sold on yours......also what tires are they?....do you like them?.....im trying to find another option besides the $400 a piece nitto trail grappler 35 12.5s

Thewetdream

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Orion I also found this picture for you......this guy had a liner put on all his chrome .....steps, flares, bumper, and grill.......it looks great and probably wasn't that expensive

Attachments

• orion.jpg
    orion.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Orion are those westin steps.....we have the same color truck and ill be lifting mine soon I think I'm sold on yours......also what tires are they?....do you like them?.....im trying to find another option besides the $400 a piece nitto trail grappler 35 12.5s

Orion I also found this picture for you......this guy had a liner put on all his chrome .....steps, flares, bumper, and grill.......it looks great and probably wasn't that expensive

I decided to go the acid wash route. I have a guy that can paint them, he's done it before. And yes! They are Westin steps. They have held up very well, I got them for 180~ you can install them yourself easily. My tires are the 35x12.50x20 Atturo Trail Blade MT's and they are pretty good as far as I can tell. $1074 for a a set off CustomOffsets.com and thats the best price I found.