what is the easiest way to put in back up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hugybearr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, Guys. I have a 2014 Ram Outdoorsman. I have bought a new to me 8.4 radio with nav ,used and installed it but when the truck is in reverse I get a black screen ,then turns Blue. Apparently this truck never had a back up camera. I have 8 wires at the tailgate that works my locks and i thought camera BUT it seems that i only have 2 wires coming into the tailgate which i assume work the tailgate lock. Anyone have any ideas as to what i have to do to make this back up cam work or where i can get a wiring harness or a part number ???? the radio i think is fine its out of a 2017 Ram and had a camera
any help would be appreciated thanks

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This is the 5th gen forum. You may get better response in the 4th gen forum (you have a 4th gen).

Also, just make one post, not multiple, it can annoy some people to the point that they won't respond even if they have the answer.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
This is the 5th gen forum. You may get better response in the 4th gen forum (you have a 4th gen).

Also, just make one post, not multiple, it can annoy some people to the point that they won't respond even if they have the answer.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Comprehensive info in this thread