What is your tire pressure BF Goodrich all terrain ko2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tire specs...if the first were not specific enough

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

OK, so your latest pictures show a totally different spec and tire from your first screenshot. LT (Light Truck) is different rubber compounds, weight rating, sidewall/tread thickness from P (Passenger car) rating.

That said....I recommend starting at 50 front, 45 rear and adjust to your liking.

BFG generally recommends minimum 50 psi in your situation.

I run E-Rated (10 Ply equivalent) Nokian tires at 50f 40r and for summer time will be bumping both by 5 PSI.

Higher PSI will net you better MPG, more responsive (albeit possibly lower total threshold) cornering, higher weight carrying capacity with safety, harsher ride, possible center tread premature wear (depending on how high you go, chalk test will get you best contact patch, ergo best wear characteristics).......

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mind you, this is unloaded.....for loaded, you may want to bump your rears up to 50-55 depending on what you are carrying....I have overloaded my bed by a few hundred pounds, and it road/handled better with 60 PSI rear....

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Makes me wonder if I should bump up from 46. I did the chalk test at 46 and they looked great. I might bump it up to 50 or 55 and do it again.

Do you have 35” KO2s? Just for ***** and giggles I’d call up BFG and ask them what they recommend for pressure. That was what I did. Bein’ that yours are most likely a ten ply like that lest fella I was talking to probably has, you might be fine at 46. Bein’ that you’re running an oversized tire, you’re kinda limited on what pressure you can run without causing irregular wear on your tires. See, when I was running the stock-sized 8-ply BFG‘s on the stock 20s on my truck, it didn’t matter if I had 39 psi or if I had all the way up to 55 psi, my tread contact patch was always the same.

But in my experience, the only time that my tires really did have their smoothest ride was when I ran them at 39 psi but, they also felt spongy, and felt like they had far too much give when stopping, turning and accelerating. Not sure if those 10-ply 35’s would feel spongy like that at that lower pressure or not to be honest with ya but with mine, they all handled great at 55 but damn they sure did amplify the bumps. Lol. Might as well been running on solid rubber forklift tires.

Airing mine down to50 in the front and 46 in the back seem to be about the best compromise but, they still sucked, that’s why I got rid of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tire specs...if the first were not specific enough79fc732d683a70957c91fed1a34c40ac.jpg789cf882ed5c3576d2837b8a3a763d6c.jpgd6a3d8f33c597c6144f539b13ad92eb7.jpg

They were in my opinion but when you answered what size tires, too many people got confused by your screenshot because you didn’t just type out what the size was. Almost everybody on here knows that when you’re at least talking about stock sized BFG’sbon the 20s and possibly even 35s that you’re talking a light truck 8-ply and a 10-ply on the bigger ones.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s really close to what BFG told me with mine which was 55 preferred, 50 minimum.

I’m not one to advise against what the manufacturer tells you and yes, 47.5 is very close. 47.5 psi is the minimum requirement to maintain the max load of the stock tires. (47 is not quite enough but 48 exceeds).

Per the load inflation table, that size @ 50 psi will support 2,470 lbs.

Now if we wanna get real crazy, the rear axle is only rated for 3,900 lbs so technically if the tires will hold about 2,000 pounds you’re good to go BUT...............I’m not gonna dive into the rabbit hole of ride quality, handling, wear, fuel economy and all that junk............

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m not one to advise against what the manufacturer tells you and yes, 47.5 is very close. 47.5 psi is the minimum requirement to maintain the max load of the stock tires. (47 is not quite enough but 48 exceeds).

Per the load inflation table, that size @ 50 psi will support 2,470 lbs.

Now if we wanna get real crazy, the rear axle is only rated for 3,900 lbs so technically if the tires will hold about 2,000 pounds you’re good to go BUT...............I’m not gonna dive into the rabbit hole of ride quality, handling, wear, fuel economy and all that junk............

I’m glad you posted that, the weight rating on the rear axle. Where do you find information like that? That’s good to know, and kinda helps strengthen the argument against feelin’ like you need them heavy-ass light-truck tires just for the sole purpose of towing heavy trailers. I mean, I ain’t gonna tell nobody what to use and what not to use, I just think it’s silly to sacrifice your ride quality and what little fuel efficiency these Hemi’s already get in the first place, especially the ones like mine that came with the taller rear-ends but hey, to each is own. I pulled a fairly heavy moving trailer loaded to the brim for almost 800 miles on the stock Goodyear’s and the truck pulled it like it wasn’t even back there.

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m glad you posted that, the weight rating on the rear axle. Where do you find information like that? That’s good to know, and kinda helps strengthen the argument against feelin’ like you need them heavy-ass light-truck tires just for the sole purpose of towing heavy trailers. I mean, I ain’t gonna tell nobody what to use and what not to use, I just think it’s silly to sacrifice your ride quality and what little fuel efficiency these Hemi’s already get in the first place, especially the ones like mine that came with the taller rear-ends but hey, to each is own. I pulled a fairly heavy moving trailer loaded to the brim for almost 800 miles on the stock Goodyear’s and the truck pulled it like it wasn’t even back there.

Gross weight placard on driver door

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
7087a73207b29d673e30d23af27e1b34.jpg

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Of course, I am unsure if that is the FCA rating, taking into consideration suspension, tires, brakes, etc...or just the limit of the axle....my guess is many factors and the axle itself could do more....

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Video from Custom Offsets on what tire pressure to run.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Road Force Balance may help with your vibration you feel.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gross weight placard on driver door

7087a73207b29d673e30d23af27e1b34.jpg
TatertotScott for the win.

Now how they calculate the safety margins is beyond me but with the info on the placard, load inflation table, and manufacturers specs, it’s not too hard to find the right psi.

Now curiously, I wonder what they did on the 2019 rear axles to bump the rating up to 4100 lbs.........couldn’t be just an extra stud?!

Ron Hyatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have BFG KO2 275/60R20, BFG Says no less than 52 PSI for my 2019 Laramie, these are a LT 10 ply tire, and the placard in the door jam is for the factory tires which are a much lighter tire. Running less than 52 psi can cause damage to the sidewall and ultimately sidewall failure. Bring them up to 52, oh and you can call BFG and they will tell you which pressure to run on your make and model truck.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have BFG KO2 275/60R20, BFG Says no less than 52 PSI for my 2019 Laramie, these are a LT 10 ply tire, and the placard in the door jam is for the factory tires which are a much lighter tire. Running less than 52 psi can cause damage to the sidewall and ultimately sidewall failure. Bring them up to 52, oh and you can call BFG and they will tell you which pressure to run on your make and model truck.

That should be just an 8-ply. 10-ply’s are when ya get up into the 35’s or probably whatever the stock size is for the 3/4-tons.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I just picked up a new set of BF Goodrich all terrain ko2 tires for my 2014 Dodge Ram Sport

After I left the shop my tire pressure it's not exactly equal between all four tires and varies from 365 kPa to 370 which is between 50 and 51 pounds per square inch

Anyone have any guidance in terms of what recommended pressure you have your tires

I am noticing some slight vibration when traveling between 100 and 120 kilometers per hour

Dave Wicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ECO Diesel
That should be just an 8-ply. 10-ply’s are when ya get up into the 35’s or probably whatever the stock size is for the 3/4-tons.

My BFG LT 275/60R20 119/116S have written on the sidewall "TREAD PLIES, 3 POLYESTER+2STEEL+1NYLON" and "SIDEWALL PLIES, 3 POLYESTER".

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I have found that the tire pressures that work the best are the ones posted by the vehicle manufacturer on the door jamb. There is no way that a pressure recommendation from a tire manufacturer is going to apply to hundreds of different trucks and SUV's with vastly different suspension characteristics and loads.

I adjust my shocks for a better ride depending on the amount of load in the bed but would only adjust tire pressures for going out on sand.

If you have vibration at a certain speed on the freeway then you have a bad tire or a wheel that was not properly balanced by the shop. Some tires are out of round and minor shaving will help but I would not be doing that with a new tire but instead have it replaced by the dealer.

Ply ratings do not mean actual plies present with a tire. What matters is the actual load rating of the tire, and how tough the sidewall is if going off road. An AT designation does not necessarily mean tougher sidewalls with a tire.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
My BFG LT 275/60R20 119/116S have written on the sidewall "TREAD PLIES, 3 POLYESTER+2STEEL+1NYLON" and "SIDEWALL PLIES, 3 POLYESTER".

Yup. The "load rating" typically tells you what ply rating you have.

B = 4 ply
C = 6 ply
D = 8 ply
E = 10 ply
F = 12 ply

Keep in mind... this is the ply rating, not the actual number of plies.

Example, the BFG 275/60R20 tires referenced in this thread appear to have six (6) plies, but are 8 ply rated (D rated).

Another example, my tires (Hankook 275/65R20) have 7 plies, but are E rated. This means they can supposedly handle the abuse/load of an 10 ply tire, but only have 7 actual plies.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=55

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Doesn’t matter. Guarantee ya, you look on your sidewalls and you’ll see a D for load range D. Look at your max pressure too. Betcha it’ll only say 65psi for a max. Don’t think BFG makes those in a load range E(10-ply).
275d350fceccacc82bce8c47b38cf0a0.jpg